Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

YLENIA LENHARD - Aged 5 years - Appenzell (Switzerland)

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

YLENIA LENHARD - Aged 5 years - Appenzell (Switzerland) - Page 2 Empty Re: YLENIA LENHARD - Aged 5 years - Appenzell (Switzerland)

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:30 am

karenjane
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:01 am

Treasure wrote:I found this upsetting, but at least we now know....... :cry:

Abducted girl died of poisoning

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/front/detail/Abducted_girl_died_of_poisoning.html?siteSect=105&sid=8441625&rss=true&ty=st

This is so sad. :cry:
I hope she didn't suffer in any way.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

YLENIA LENHARD - Aged 5 years - Appenzell (Switzerland) - Page 2 Empty Re: YLENIA LENHARD - Aged 5 years - Appenzell (Switzerland)

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:31 am

snowwhite
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:53 am

karenjane wrote:
Treasure wrote:I found this upsetting, but at least we now know....... :cry:

Abducted girl died of poisoning

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/front/detail/Abducted_girl_died_of_poisoning.html?siteSect=105&sid=8441625&rss=true&ty=st

This is so sad. :cry:
I hope she didn't suffer in any way.

Poor little Ylenia - it says she was unconscious, so I pray she knew nothing about it.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:31 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:58 am

treasure

it is upsetting alright hon. He was some awful human being. I hope the alert and everything else comes in quickly and make it cover all EU countries. Is his wife going to have to serve any sentence for accessory or anything? Find it hard she didn't know anything of his "other" side in life.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:32 am

vovvan
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:53 pm

Poor little lamb xxx
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:32 am

hope4maddy
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:21 pm

This just seems so senseless. Poor baby! I hope she was unconscious and wasn't aware of it. Rest in peace with the Lord sweet child.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:33 am

tigerlillyslb
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:55 am

When I just read what happened to little Ylenia, well I can't write what I said but let's just say, I'm glad he's gone. How sad and unnecessary this little girl was taken. It still makes me mad. It's like I'm past the sad stage and just flat out mad that things like this have to happen.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:33 am

merlynsam
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:09 pm

swissinfo.ch

September 15, 2007 - 5:59 PM

Missing children

Missing children and child murders are rare in Switzerland and the case of Ylenia has made the front page of national newspapers and magazines.

Editors became aware of the story's human-interest value following the media saturation in Britain over the McCann case.

And earlier this week, 100 Swiss personalities signed an open letter to the government demanding a faster system to track down abducted children.

It called for an "abduction alert" to be issued as soon as a child is reported missing. The signatories include champion skater Stéphane Lambiel, former ski champion Pirmin Zurbriggen and Alinghi-billionaire Ernesto Bertarelli.

http://tinyurl.com/29fadk
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:34 am

merlynsam
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:12 pm

Examiner believes that Ylenia may have been accidentally over dosed with the Toluene which was being used to drug her.

http://tinyurl.com/yvokxp (French)

Tribune de Genève

20th November 2007

by MONIQUE KELLER

Poisoned (to death) by mistake, Ylenia died 'too early'

It is by wanting to subdue his victim that the murderer killed. A death which should probably not have happened so early. The murderer is considered to have been dangerous and calculating.

The prosecutor had promised the media to make known everything about the abduction of little Ylenia, which occurred on July 31 from Appenzell. That has now been done. The latest details of the investigation reveal that the young girl was poisoned with toluene, an organic solvent which causes a narcotic effect. It is probably by wanting to subdue his 5 1/2 year old victim that the murderer gave her a lethal dose. "It is possible that Ylenia's death occurred sooner than intended by the murderer Urs Hans von Aesch, explains Erich Feineis, examining magistrate. On the other hand there is no doubt about the fatal intent of the kidnapper, as is attested by the weapons and tools which he gathered in advance."
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:35 am

treasure
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:02 pm

Hello everybody

Today we released the balloon. I chose to go to a Chapel which is perched on a mountainside overlooking the Lake of Lucerne. I think it's a magical place, somewhere I used to often go when I needed time to think.

It makes a lovely backdrop, and it was a very poignant moment when we released the balloon. We then went into the chapel and lit a candle for Ylenia.

Here are a few pictures. I've taken loads more and some video footage. We're going to make a proper video set to music and post it on YouTube. As soon as it's done I'll put the link up.

St Jost Chapel
YLENIA LENHARD - Aged 5 years - Appenzell (Switzerland) - Page 2 StJost

The view of the lake
YLENIA LENHARD - Aged 5 years - Appenzell (Switzerland) - Page 2 DSCF1350

The balloon
YLENIA LENHARD - Aged 5 years - Appenzell (Switzerland) - Page 2 DSCF1365

YLENIA LENHARD - Aged 5 years - Appenzell (Switzerland) - Page 2 DSCF1360

Lighting the candle
YLENIA LENHARD - Aged 5 years - Appenzell (Switzerland) - Page 2 DSCF1367
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:36 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:26 pm

Treasure

That is so beautiful.Thank you so much.Gorgeous place and perfect for occasion Very Happy
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:36 am

lin200
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Thank you it was a good idea to release the balloon there
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:37 am

tizzy
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:39 pm

Thank you Treasure, this was a really lovely gesture, this looks such a wonderful and fitting place.

I'm still incredibly sad and angry that such a beautiful young life was ended so abruptly. At least we have had an opportunity to show support for her family, and to join together in honouring Ylenia.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:37 am

vovvan
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:07 pm

Treasure, such a wonderful place and a perfect one for releasing the balloon. I loved the view with the lake it seemed so peaceful.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:38 am

tezza
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:49 pm

Oh Treasure!!!
That is a perfect place to release the balloon, I am actually quite choked up now after seeing the pictures.

I am so proud to be a part of this forum and to think that this has been done in memory of Ylenia, on behalf of all of us here.

What a lovely gesture.
Now, wouldn't it be so lovely if we could include the photo of that balloon being released in the card that sinbadthesailor has made for Ylenia's family.

What a great bunch of people we have here!!
Very Happy
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:39 am

heidistar
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:04 pm

Treasure, that is a really lovely thing you have done, thanks so much for sharing the beautiful photos with us Smile xxx

Yes it would be brilliant if that could be sent to Ylenia's mum too.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:39 am

tezza
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:09 pm

heidistar wrote:Treasure, that is a really lovely thing you have done, thanks so much for sharing the beautiful photos with us Smile xxx

Yes it would be brilliant if that could be sent to Ylenia's mum too.

Sorting it now with sinbad.
Imagine Ylenia's mum's face when she opens the card to find the photo of the balloon she sent us
. Very Happy
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:40 am

heidistar
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:14 pm

I think that will be very moving for her indeed Tezza.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:40 am

merlynsam
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:38 pm

Thank you so much Treasure. You chose the perfect spot. That is a well-travelled balloon......from Switzerland to the Uk and back to Switzerland again. But it was absolutely the right thing to do.

Thanks also for the photographs. I feel as if I am very much part of the balloon release.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:41 am

merlynsam
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:39 pm

EXERCISE CAUTION - A BIT UPSETTING

Young girl kidnapped in Switzerland died of poisoning

By m.p. - Nov 19, 2007 - 7:13 PM

Her suspected abductor was a long-time resident of Alicante province. He committed suicide on the day Ylenia was reported missing

The autopsy results on the body of the young Swiss girl who disappeared in Switzerland on the same day her suspected kidnapper, a former resident of the Costa Blanca, killed himself with a shot to the head, were released on Monday. Five year old Ylenia was found dead in September, nearly seven weeks after she was reported missing.

The instructing judge, Erich Feineis, told a press conference in Sankt Gallen that the autopsy shows that Ylenia was poisoned, and a high dose of the solvent, toluene, were found in her body and caused her death. It is believed her kidnapper wanted to render her unconscious to subject her to sexual abuse, but gave the child too high a dosage.

The judge said there were no signs of sexual abuse, but did not exclude it as a motive for the kidnapping, given that the young girl’s body was found to be naked when she was found buried in woods near the village of Oberbüren.

http://tinyurl.com/yswxvp
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:42 am

tigerlillyslb
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:25 am

Hello everybody

Today we released the balloon. I chose to go to a Chapel which is perched on a mountainside overlooking the Lake of Lucerne. I think it's a magical place, somewhere I used to often go when I needed time to think.

It makes a lovely backdrop, and it was a very poignant moment when we released the balloon. We then went into the chapel and lit a candle for Ylenia.

Here are a few pictures. I've taken loads more and some video footage. We're going to make a proper video set to music and post it on YouTube. As soon as it's done I'll put the link up.

Hi Treasure!
Those pictures brought tears to my eyes. That was such a beautiful gesture. What a gorgeous backdrop. Your two young ones are adorable too. Thanks for doing that for us at the forum. I know Ylenia's mom will be moved.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:43 am

treasure
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:02 am

Thank you everybody. I'm pleased you all like the spot.

It was a hugely emotional experience, but I feel we have done Ylenia proud.

On the one hand, I was deeply upset, thinking about what happened to that little girl. On the other hand, I felt a deep sense of pride, knowing that people like the ones here in this forum, are by far the majority in this world.

I feel honoured to be part of this group of people.

We're just putting the finishing touches to the video. It's turned out very well. I think we should definitely send the pictures and maybe even the video link in the card to Charlotte.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:43 am

treasure
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Th_yIAkHc

Here's the video, my husband did it. You'll need a tissue.......

Who shall I send the pics to?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:44 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:22 pm

Truly beautiful and your family are inspirational Treasure.Big thank you.It will mean the world to Ylenia's Mum.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:45 am

Treasure
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:30 pm

Sorry about the typo in Madeleines name. My husband had already uploaded it before I noticed, I didn't have the heart to tell him........
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:45 am

ewe2
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:52 pm

Treasure wrote:Sorry about the typo in Madeleines name. My husband had already uploaded it before I noticed, I didn't have the heart to tell him........
Treasure that was absolutely beautiful. WOW big breath!
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next