Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain)

3 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain) - Page 2 Empty Re: MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain)

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:24 pm

picasso
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:09 pm

Maybe all the parents on the support forums on the internet for Maddie & every other missing child, need to take to the streets also, and get our own government to act on behalf of all of our missing children and also make sure tougher sentences are enforced for P*do's...

It is terrible than in this day & age of DNA & technology we still can't stop our children being abducted by these sickos...
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain) - Page 2 Empty Re: MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain)

ines
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:45 pm

El Mundo showing video coverage of a demonstration in Huelva (1000 people, including many pupils from Mari Luz's school) urge police to do all they can to find Mari Luz. Her mother collapsed during the demonstration and medical crews attended to her.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2008/01/16/espana/1200477903.html
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ines
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:46 pm

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2008/01/17/espana/1200568888.html

From El Mundo:

Mari Luz’s father says that he has a “suspect” and that “there will be news soon”

- Juan José Cortés is convinced that his daughter will appear “safe and sound”.
- The Government Sub-Delegation says that these affirmations are the “fruit of desperation”.
- According to investigation sources “there are no reliable indications”
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:25 pm

hope4maddy
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:53 pm

realisticsupporter wrote:Hi H4M
I think what is being said here is that the police have one good lead and the father has a suspicion, but these are not the same.
This would be good as two leads gives a better chance than one.
Sadly I have very little time to come on here but I am watching the story in the Spanish papers. I do not have the time to do full translations which I know are wanted here but I can tell you all the basics of what I read.
I hope this is helpful and am so sorry I cannot do the translations.

Be careful of the British press translations as they seem to be pretty poor.

I will certainly be on the street today at 12 noon as requested by Mari Luzs father. Such things do not find missing children but I am sure that they bring some kind of support to the family.

Wishing with all my heart that today she is found safe.

Thanks realistic. I appreciate you translating it for me.

Thanks Ines for the update.

I will continue to pray and have hope for this little girl. I really hope they find her very very soon.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:26 pm

crys
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:27 pm

crikey, im really worried about this little girl. any more news?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:28 pm

heidistar
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:09 pm

I don't know Crys but if there is any news, I think it might be good if whoever finds it could mention it in the main thread, as I think we are all wondering about little Mari as well.

Poor little girl, I thought she would have been found by now. :cry:
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:29 pm

ines
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:15 pm

http://www.huelvainformacion.es/article/huelva/32242/lopez/garzon/confirma/hay/sospechoso/por/caso/mari/luz.html

Translation of article from Huelva Información:

López Garzón confirms that there is a suspect in the Mari Luz case

The Government delegate in Andalucía confirms that this person, who could be related to the small girl’s disappearance, has not been detained or charged.

Juan José López Garzón, today confirmed that the Police “have contacted” a person who could be related to the case of Mari Luz, although he indicated that this person has so far not been detained or charged and issued a reminder that this person is under the presumption of innocence.

In statements made to journalists in Cádiz, López Garzón indicated that the double work is continuing “with the hope of finding the girl, which is the obsession right now, as well as clarifying what occurred as soon as possible”.

As regards possible alarm concerning the disappearances that have occurred in Andalucía during the past months, the delegate said “there is no relation between the cases”.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 pm

vonb
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:22 pm

Ines wrote:http://www.huelvainformacion.es/article/huelva/32242/lopez/garzon/confirma/hay/sospechoso/por/caso/mari/luz.html

Translation of article from Huelva Información:

López Garzón confirms that there is a suspect in the Mari Luz case

The Government delegate in Andalucía confirms that this person, who could be related to the small girl’s disappearance, has not been detained or charged.

Juan José López Garzón, today confirmed that the Police “have contacted” a person who could be related to the case of Mari Luz, although he indicated that this person has so far not been detained or charged and issued a reminder that this person is under the presumption of innocence.

In statements made to journalists in Cádiz, López Garzón indicated that the double work is continuing “with the hope of finding the girl, which is the obsession right now, as well as clarifying what occurred as soon as possible”.

As regards possible alarm concerning the disappearances that have occurred in Andalucía during the past months, the delegate said “there is no relation between the cases”.

Thank you so much Ines for the translations, very much appreciated.

Does anyone know of the disappearances that have occured in Andalucia during the past months or is it referring to Amy fitzpatrick?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 pm

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:29 pm

Thank you Ines. Sounds hopeful.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 pm

merlynsam
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:03 pm

Diário de Notícias

17th January 2008

(snip)

"... Mari Luz went to buy potato chips at a kiosk 30 meters from the building, in Rosa Plaza, where her family lives. There is speculation that the girl, "quite shy" but also "happy", was seen crying with a woman on a bus.

The father of Mari Luz -- who, when she disappeared, was wearing a jeans miniskirt with a blouse and socks of pink wool -- emphasized that they are "a humble family, who never had problems" and that he had confidence in the Spanish authorities, to which is now added the PJ from Portugal.

In a half-hour press conference, with a battalion of Spanish and Portuguese journalists, Juan Cortes, with his wife, Irene Suarez, and the paternal grandparents, reminded people that the family needs financial resources to look for Mari Luz. "If someone wants to open a bank account, please do. But this will only help us to pay expenses," he observed, highlighting that he did not want access to the money nor to see his name, nor the name of any family member, on the bank account: "When you see these appeals, you are skeptical. Now we understand that it's the only way to do something."

In halting tones, trying to control his emotions, Juan Cortes -- who works in ambulatory sales, trains with a football club related to the Huelva Recreation center, along with having a small construction company -- replied to a journalist: "Only now do we understand what Madeleine McCann's parents suffered. I am very sorry. But I don't think there are any connections between the two cases."

The one who was unable to hide her emotions was the grandmother, Mari Luz, who repeated her appeal: "Please, return my granddaughter! She is the only one I have and she even has my name. What do they want her for? Have a heart, have a conscience!", she screamed. A short while later, she fainted, and was treated at the Huelva Hospital.

The disappearance of Mari Luz has provoked a wave of solidarity in Huelva where 8000 people marched yesterday. Today there are demonstrations of support for the family scheduled in various Spanish cities. In just two days, a teen said he distributed 100,000 brochures with the child's photo. Other wall-posters suggest a well structured campaign that already has a family spokesperson, a pastor of an Evangelical church. "

(end snip)

Translated by debk

http://dn.sapo.pt/2008/01/17/internacional/por_favor_entreguem_a_minha_filha_ma.html
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 pm

hippy
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:07 pm

Typically Spanish

17/1/2008

Police said to be working on a lead in the search for Mari Luz

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_14648.shtml
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:32 pm

hippy
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Huelvainformacion

17/1/2008

Mari Luz's father says that there are "new avenues of inquiry"

http://tinyurl.com/22ssnw
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

smokie
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:52 pm

I've came across this website with a beautiful photo of Mari Luz.

Oh God I hope she is found soon.

http://tinyurl.com/2zd4lp
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

smokie
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:06 pm

Some you tube videos relating to little Mari Luz I don't know how to translate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVbNgnakwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ1Ax3MURCY&feature=related
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:33 pm

hope4maddy
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Me too smokie. I'm praying with everything I have. Such a beautiful little angel.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:33 pm

heidistar
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:09 pm

This is devastatingly sad, I hope and pray little Mari will be found soon.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:34 pm

lina_gr
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:51 am

(Google translation)

www.kidnapping.be

January 17, 2008

The police confirm that a suspect.

The delegate of the Government of Andalusia, Juan Jose Lopez Garzon, confirmed today that police questioned a person who could be linked with the disappearance of Mari. While noting that so far the person is charged with nothing and that the principle of presumption of innocence applies.

Soon news of the child

The father of Mari said: "Soon there will be news about Mari. I am convinced that we will soon have news about where it is located. Police working on a runway." The father, who has admitted leading a suspect, has been cautious on this subject: "There are no comments beneficial because the only thing that is left is to wait for the moment when Mari reappear ".

The family raises a cry

"Please be merciful and we Mari appointment as soon as possible! Do not make him evil and have no fear of reprisals. We apologize and we understand the situation. Everybody can make a mistake in life. Mari You can deliver to the police or, then deposit it in a remote location. " A demonstration of parents, friends and neighbors took place during three hours in the city streets. The event, consisting of thousand people, surrounded by a policeman who, in the confusion, left to run the fake noise that Mari had reappeared. A meeting took place between the family and the police and the father was "satisfied with the way the case was handled."

Kidnapped by envy or revenge

The father of Mari suspected that her daughter had been the victim of a kidnapping by "envy" or "vengeance" in connection with the family business. Dad had already stated that he had a suspect in mind but refused to give his identity so as not to disturb the ongoing investigation. The great Father Mari went further and said that the Roma could be behind the kidnapping of his daughter. He referred to "two persons of foreign type" that came to the construction company family, Sunday, the day of the disappearance, asking to be hired as a worker. Faced with the refusal of the family, they might want to take revenge. 4 days after his disappearance, parents are assured that there will soon be news about where it is. However, the family has asked to implement all the means that could help in the search.

http://tinyurl.com/2bh3ba
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:35 pm

merlynsam
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:50 am

(Google translation)

Canalsur

18/01/2008

We look for clues in landfills

In Huelva, the police began searching for tracks of small Mari Luz between garbage. It will record all the bags of garbage generated in the capital city since last Sunday, the day when the girl disappeared. Start the fifth day of search Mari Luz. 80 truckloads of trash will be examined to find any trace leading to the minor. Addition, the fire-fighters of the Provincial Council of Huelva begin today to beat the foil maritime River Odiel with two boats. In the spirit of all is found soon Mari Luz, but safe and sound.

Moreover, the fire-fighters of the Provincial Council of Huelva begin today to beat the foil maritime River Odiel with two boats. In the spirit of all is found soon Mari Luz, but safe and sound.
Investigations by the police are beginning to bear fruit, even though there is nothing definitive.

As has been told Canal Sur, a marriage neighbour of the family, who live on the streets of El Torrejon Margarita, has been arrested and subsequently released. Police are investigating the couple and their environment more directly, where members with a history of sexual aggression. So far, there is no evidence against, but the investigation is continuing.

According to the father of small, there are several scenarios open on which the judicial police, including a possible revenge against the family, but nothing is secure. In a further meeting with the media yesterday afternoon, have been grateful for the many expressions of support today and has returned to request cooperation to find Mari Luz. The delegate of the government in Andalusia, Juan Jose Lopez Garzon, said he is tightening the siege.

The Evangelical Church which belongs to the father of Mari Luz has called a demonstration for Tuesday in all 22 cities in Spain, demanding the return home of the girl. Regarding the search, the 50 volunteers Sevillian between fire-fighters and police officers, who yesterday peinaron area Gibraleon jetty and Juan Carlos First, we have offered to participate again in the crawl, even if necessary.

http://www.canalsur.es/informativos/noticia?id=35723&idCanal=713
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:36 pm

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:53 am

From an evidence point of view, huge task but a relief if rubbish hasn't been collected yet. I'm very hopeful for Mari Luz, can't explain it, but do understand if these searches are distressing for people. So here if people need support.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:36 pm

realisticsupporter
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:15 pm

Does anyone know of the disappearances that have occured in Andalucia during the past months or is it referring to Amy fitzpatrick?

I am here in Andalucia but know only of Amy. I can only assume there are not any others as the British press would have been on it in a flash.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

lina_gr
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:15 pm

I hope that the poor girl will be found soon. What I can't really understand in some cases like this one, is how on earth they are letting a 5 years old child to walk alone for 200 meters???? You are increasing the risks of someone to take your child. A 5 year old kid walking alone? :cry:
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

vonb
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:19 pm

Typically Spanish

Friday 18th January 2008

Local rubbish tips searched in the hunt for missing Mari Luz

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_14671.shtml
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:40 pm

realisticsupporter
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:28 pm

Have just looked at the latest in Huelva information
So sorry I do not have time to type out a full translation.

Basically much the same as before but the police have carried out a second search of the neighbours house and taken away some bags.
They have also made some searches in Seville and more general searching around the barrio where the family live. One begger and also another couple of people who the family feel suspicious about are being sought.
Over 100,000 posters have been distributed in the area and over the border into Portugal.

Looks like the police are doing everything they can which is something.

Feel very sad all over again about this, can´t think about another long mystery without answers. :cry: :cry:
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:40 pm

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Thanks RS. Like I said on main thread, had faith they would be trying very hard. I remain hopeful though. Please let her be found safe and sound soon.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:41 pm

realisticsupporter
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

El Pais reporting of searches in lots of places,vacant lots,an area flooded with water(this could be the marsh mentioned before),empty houses.

At last,a case of no stone unturned.

Very relieved and very hopeful
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next