Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

ELIZABETH OLTEN - Aged 9 years - St. Martins, Missouri (USA)

3 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

ELIZABETH OLTEN - Aged 9 years - St. Martins, Missouri (USA) - Page 5 Empty Re: ELIZABETH OLTEN - Aged 9 years - St. Martins, Missouri (USA)

Post  Twiglet Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:40 am

Daily Mail

6 February 2012

'I just f***ing killed someone and it was ahmazing': The sick diary entries of teen who strangled and stabbed neighbor, aged 9

• Alyssa Bustamante was 15 when she killed Elizabeth Olten in 2009

• She wrote: 'As soon as you get over the "ohmygawd I can't do this" feeling, it's pretty enjoyable... Kay, I gotta go to church now'

• Olten's mother called killer 'not even human' at hearing on Monday

A Missouri teenager who admitted stabbing, strangling and slitting the throat of a young neighbor girl wrote in her journal on the night of the killing that it was an 'ahmazing' and 'pretty enjoyable' experience – then headed off to church with a laugh.
The words written by Alyssa Bustamante were read aloud in court Monday as part of a sentencing hearing to determine whether she should get life in prison or as little as ten years for the October 2009 murder of her neighbor, 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten, in a small town west of Jefferson City.
Bustamante, 18, sat silently – occasionally glancing at those testifying about her, often looking down or to the side – as law enforcement officers, attorneys and forensics experts read aloud her inner most thoughts that she had recorded as a 15-year-old high school sophomore.

The most poignant part of Monday's testimony came when a handwriting expert described how he was able to see through the blue ink that Bustamante had used in an attempt to cover up her original journal entry on the night of Elizabeth's murder.

He then read the entry aloud in court:

'I just f***ing killed someone. I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they're dead. I don't know how to feel atm [at the moment]. It was ahmazing. As soon as you get over the "ohmygawd I can't do this" feeling, it's pretty enjoyable. I'm kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now...lol.'
The journal entry was presented to the judge not long after Elizabeth's mother and other relatives pleaded with Cole County Circuit Judge Pat Joyce to impose the maximum sentence.

Bustamante pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and armed criminal action last month and faces at most a sentence of life in prison with a chance for parole. The least she could get is 10 years.
Elizabeth's mother, Patty Preiss, described her daughter as 'happy, little girl,' when she left her home about 5 p.m. after begging to go play with Bustamante's younger sister.

Preiss said she told Elizabeth to be back for dinner at 6 p.m. but never saw her again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2097307/I-just-f--ing-killed-ahmazing-The-sick-diary-entries-Alyssa-Bustamante-strangled-stabbed-neighbor-aged-9.html
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

ELIZABETH OLTEN - Aged 9 years - St. Martins, Missouri (USA) - Page 5 Empty Re: ELIZABETH OLTEN - Aged 9 years - St. Martins, Missouri (USA)

Post  Twiglet Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:45 am

the Telegraph

8 February 2012

US teen killer in 'amazing' murder sentenced to life
The teenage girl who confessed in her diary to "enjoying" the murder of her nine-year-old neighbour has been sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole.

Alyssa Busatamante had pleaded guilty to the second-degree murder of Elizabeth Olten in the small town of St Martins, Missouri, when she was 15-years-old. She strangled and stabbed the little girl before burying her under a pile of leaves.

The plea on lesser charges spared her a first-degree murder trial, which would have left her liable to a life sentence without the chance of release.

At a sentencing hearing, her lawyers had argued that the fact that she was taking high doses of Prozac at the time of the 2009 crime meant that she was more prone to violence and so should serve only 10 years in jail.

However, following tearful testimony by Elizabeth's mother Patty Preiss, who called Bustamante a "monster," a judge at Cook County Circuit Court ruled she should serve a life sentence plus 30 years for armed criminal action.

Before sentencing, the teen, now 18, apologised to her victim's family. "If I could give my life to bring her back I would – I'm sorry," she said.

Her voice wavered as she went on: "I just want to say I'm sorry for what happened. I'm so sorry."

Following her arrest, Bustamante told officers she had lured Elizabeth to her death because she wanted to experience what it felt to kill someone. After the crime, she went to a church dance while rescuers searched in vain.

In a journal entry which was read to the court, she described her exhilaration at the killing: "I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they're dead," she wrote.

"I don't know how to feel atm [at the moment]. It was ahmazing. As soon as you get over the 'ohmygawd I can't do this' feeling, it's pretty enjoyable.

"I'm kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now ... lol [laugh out loud]."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9069456/US-teen-killer-in-amazing-murder-sentenced-to-life.html
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:53 am

The Seattle Times

9 february 2012

Missouri teen gets life sentence in murder of girl

A Missouri teenager who had described the slaying of a young neighbor girl as an "ahmazing" thrill made an emotional apology Wednesday to the girl's family and was sentenced to a potential lifetime in prison.

Moments before her sentence was imposed, 18-year-old Alyssa Bustamante rose from her chair - with shackles linking her ankles and holding her hands to her waist - and turned to face the family of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten, whom she confessed to killing in October 2009.

"I really am extremely, very sorry for everything. I know words," she said, pausing to take a deep breath and struggling to compose herself, "can never be enough, and they can never adequately describe how horribly I feel for all of this."

She later added: "If I could give my life to get her back I would. I'm sorry."

Elizabeth's mother, Patty Preiss, who on the first day of Bustamante's sentencing hearing called her an "evil monster" and declared "I hate her," sat silently, staring forward as Bustamante's finished her apology.

Cole County Circuit Judge Pat Joyce then sentenced Bustamante to the maximum possible sentence for second-degree murder - life in prison with the possibility of parole. She ordered the teenager to serve a consecutive 30-year term for armed criminal action, a charge resulting from her use of a knife to slit the throat and stab Elizabeth after she had strangled her into unconsciousness.

Elizabeth's family left the courthouse without talking to reporters.

"The sentencing process was extremely difficult for the family, as no sentence can adequately punish this heinous crime," Matt Diehr, a St. Louis attorney speaking on behalf of the family, said later in a telephone interview.

Bustamante's family, which also was present in the courtroom, declined to comment about the sentence, though an attorney called it "harsh." There was no indication that Bustamante planned to appeal the sentence.

Bustamante originally had been charged with first-degree murder but pleaded guilty last month to the lesser charges to avoid a trial and the possibility of spending her life in an adult prison with no chance of release.

Cole County Prosecutor Mark Richardson said after Wednesday's sentencing that he agreed to the lesser charge because the judge had suppressed a statement given by Bustamante to authorities in which she described the slaying and stated she wanted "to know what it felt like" to kill someone.

Bustamante was 15 years old at the time of Elizabeth's murder in the small town of St. Martins, just west of Jefferson City. Evidence presented during her hearing revealed that Bustamante had dug a shallow grave in the woods several days in advance, then used her younger sister to lure Elizabeth out of her home with an invitation to play. Bustamante, who had hidden a knife in a backpack, said she had a surprise for Elizabeth in the forest. The surprise turned out to be her demise.

During her two-day sentencing hearing, prosecutors referred repeatedly to an entry Bustamante wrote in her journal on Oct. 21, 2009 - the night of Elizabeth's death - in which she admitted to having just killed someone.

"I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they're dead," Bustamante wrote in her diary, which was read in court by a handwriting expert. "I don't know how to feel atm. It was ahmazing. As soon as you get over the `ohmygawd I can't do this' feeling, it's pretty enjoyable. I'm kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now...lol."

Bustamante then left for a youth dance at a Mormon church her family attended while hundreds of volunteers began a two-day hunt for the dead girl. Although she initially lied to authorities about Elizabeth's whereabouts, Bustamante eventually confessed to police and led them to Elizabeth's leaf-covered shallow grave.

Defenses attorneys had argued for leniency after presenting evidence from family members and mental health experts about Bustamante's troubled childhood. Bustamante was born to teenage, drug-abusing parents; her father was imprisoned and her mother abandoned her, leaving her in the legal custody of her grandmother.

After a suicide attempt on Labor Day 2007 as she was starting eighth grade, Bustamante was prescribed the antidepressant Prozac. Her dosage had been increased just two weeks before Elizabeth's death. A defense psychiatrist testified that the medication could have made Bustamante moodier and more violent and contributed to the murder - a theory rejected by a different psychiatrist testifying for prosecutors.

"This was a child who had been spiraling out of control, but has treatable conditions," Bustamante's attorney, Charlie Moreland, said after the sentencing.

But Richardson said the life sentence was justified. He described Bustamante as "a truly evil individual who strangled and stabbed an innocent child simply for the thrill of it."

Under Missouri guidelines, Bustamante would have to serve 35 years and five months in prison before she is eligible for parole, said Department of Corrections spokesman Chris Cline. It's also possible that the more than two years Bustamante spent in jail while awaiting her sentencing could be counted toward that time.

After spending several weeks at a diagnostic prison, Bustamante could be placed in either one of Missouri's two female prisons or sent out of state. Cline said department officials also would evaluate whether Bustamante should be kept separate from other adult woman inmates.

http://seattletimes.com/avantgo/2017450569.html
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:01 am

Sentence: Alyssa Bustamante was sentenced to the maximum possible sentence for second-degree murder - life in prison with the possibility of parole. The teenager was ordered to serve a consecutive 30-year term for armed criminal action.

Under Missouri guidelines, Bustamante will have to serve 35 years and five months in prison before she is eligible for parole.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 am

R.I.P. Elizabeth

ELIZABETH OLTEN - Aged 9 years - St. Martins, Missouri (USA) - Page 5 Candle23 ELIZABETH OLTEN - Aged 9 years - St. Martins, Missouri (USA) - Page 5 Eo10 ELIZABETH OLTEN - Aged 9 years - St. Martins, Missouri (USA) - Page 5 Candle23

Remembrance

Remembrance is a golden chain
Death tries to break,
but all in vain.
To have, to love, and then to part
Is the greatest sorrow of one's heart.
The years may wipe out many things
But some they wipe out never.
Like memories of those happy times
When we were all together.

~ Authur Unknown ~

Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5