Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

NEVAEH BUCHANAN - Aged 5 years - Monroe, Michigan (USA)

+2
Tezza
Twiglet
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

NEVAEH BUCHANAN - Aged 5 years - Monroe, Michigan (USA) - Page 4 Empty Re: NEVAEH BUCHANAN - Aged 5 years - Monroe, Michigan (USA)

Post  merlynsam Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:56 pm

The Detroit News

September 12. 2010

by Mike Wilkinson

New campaign seeks tips in 5-year-old Nevaeh's slaying

Advocates hoping to solve the 2009 murder of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan are hoping a plea from her will help.

A new campaign seeking tips will feature pictures of Nevaeh along with words put in her voice, said Joe Starkey, a co-chairman of the Justice for Nevaeh advocacy group.

Starkey said the group hopes to hang posters of the campaign throughout the county and are looking into putting the message on an area billboard as well. If they do, motorists will likely see a picture of Nevaeh, along with words from her to her killer. "You were once 5 just like me. Tell me, did I deserve this?"

Starkey said his group has increased its reward from $1,500 to $2,500 to match an increase from Crimestoppers of Michigan, which raised its reward from $1,000 to $2,500. The reward total is $25,000, including money from the task force investigating the crime.

Nevaeh went missing in Monroe on May 23 and her body was found along the banks of the River Raisin on June 4. No one has been charged with her abduction and slaying.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Monroe County Sheriff's Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force at (734) 457-6713.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100912/METRO/9120332/1361/New-campaign-seeks-tips-in-5-year-old-Nevaeh-s-slaying#ixzz141jpwea1
merlynsam
merlynsam
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

NEVAEH BUCHANAN - Aged 5 years - Monroe, Michigan (USA) - Page 4 Empty Re: NEVAEH BUCHANAN - Aged 5 years - Monroe, Michigan (USA)

Post  merlynsam Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Detroit Free Press

Sep 12, 2010

By Joe Rossiter

BRIEF: Bigger reward offered in murder probe of Nevaeh Buchanan

Sept. 12--An event to revive interest in the murder investigation of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan was held today at the Moose Lodge Monroe.

Joe Starkey, president of Justice 4 Nevaeh, announced an increase in the reward money from $20,000 to $25,000 and the release of a new poster geared toward capturing her murderer or murderers. Buchanan disappeared in May 2009 and her body was later found along the River Raisin.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Monroe County Sheriff's Office at 734-457-6713

http://www.freep.com/article/20100912/NEWS05/100912020/Bigger-reward-offered-in-murder-probe-of-Nevaeh-Buchanan&template=artsemantics&server=MOC-WN0331
merlynsam
merlynsam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  merlynsam Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:05 pm

The Detroit News

13th September 2010

Campaign to seek leads on Nevaeh's killer

A new campaign seeking tips will feature pictures of slain 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan along with words put in her voice, said Joe Starkey, a co-chairman of the Justice for Nevaeh advocacy group.

Motorists may soon see a billboard picture of Nevaeh, whose body was found along the banks of the River Raisin on June 4, 2009, along with the words: "You were once 5 just like me. Tell me, did I deserve this?"

Starkey said his group increased its reward from $1,500 to $2,500 to match an increase from Crimestoppers. The reward total is $25,000.

Call Monroe County Sheriff's Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force at (734) 457-6713

http://detnews.com/article/20100913/METRO/9130345/Gas-prices-leap-in-response-to-Chicago-leak#ixzz141m0yxJj
merlynsam
merlynsam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:44 am

Toledo On The Move

28 October 2010

Reward doubled in Nevaeh Buchanan murder case

It's been more than a year since five-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan was abducted and murdered. To this day her killer has been caught. The group justice for Nevaeh is hoping a $25,000 increase in their cash reward will bring forth new information. The reward now sits at $50,000.

The announcement came after an anonymous donor, touched by the groups effort to find Nevaeh’s killer came forward, doubling the reward. “I was so unbelievably touched $25,000 is a lot of money“ says Joe Starkey, President of Justice for Nevaeh.

Her grandmother, Carla Nash says she couldn’t know who the donor is “but I want to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts, thank you whoever you are, thank you.”

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/neighborhood/story.aspx?id=533037
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:49 am

Toledo On The Move

15 December 2010

Nevaeh Christmas party a good time with a serious message

It has been 18 months since an unknown killer kidnapped and took the life of 5-year-old Monroe girl Nevaeh Buchanan.

Wednesday evening the Monroe community came together not only to keep Nevaeh's name and story in everyone's hearts and minds but to have fun and honor her memory.

Kids... many little girls with long, brown hair just like Nevaeh's... celebrated the season by decorating cookies, enjoying crafts and claiming some cool gifts.

It was a bittersweet reminder of this party's purpose.

"A lot of Nevaeh's friends are here and when they come up and they tell you, 'I remember her and I miss her.' It kind of hits you in the heart," said Joe Starkey, Justice for Nevaeh President.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=555413
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:55 am

Examiner

16 December 2010

Nevaeh Buchanan: Poster asks girl's killer 'how do you sleep at night knowing what you did to me?

On Sunday, the Justice for Nevaeh Committee held a reward campaign and released a new poster that addresses the person who killed the little girl. The poster says:

“Tell me. How do you sleep at night, knowing what you did do me?
When you fall asleep, do you hear my heart beating?
Do you hear me breathing? Giggling? Crying?
You were once 5 just like me. Tell me, did I deserve this?
Please. Call (734) 457-6713. Tell them what you did, or what you know so that we all can rest in peace. Nevaeh.”

Although more a year has passed since Nevaeh was murdered, no one has been charged for the crime.

During the initial investigation, it was learned that the little girl's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, had been associated with registered sex offender George Kennedy. He was named a person of interest, but has never been charged regarding Nevaeh's case.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/nevaeh-buchanan-poster-asks-girl-s-killer-how-do-you-sleep-at-night-knowing-what-you-did-to-me
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:59 am

Fox Toledo

21 December 2010

Nevaeh group visits Skelton family

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Nevaeh-group-visits-Skelton-family

Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 am

13 abc

17 January 2011

'Justice for Nevaeh' holds event to raise awarenss‎

It's been two years since Nevaeh Buchanan went missing in Monroe, Michigan and police are still trying to find who killed the 5 year old girl. This week, the organization called Justice for Nevaeh is holding an event to raise awareness.

The new Justice for Nevaeh flier is heart wrenching and it's clear it was written for Neveah's killer. Risa Thompson says, "We are not going away. We will see this through the end until Nevaeh has justice."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7903278
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:58 am

Toledo On The Move

20 January 2011

Justice for Nevaeh promotes increased reward‎

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=570367
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:00 am

Monroe Evening News

21 January 2011

Family, friends keep alive hope that justice will be served for Nevaeh‎

Monday will mark 20 months since Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, of Monroe was abducted outside her Monroe apartment on May 24, 2009.

Almost two weeks later, her body was found along the banks of the River Raisin in Raisinville Township. There has been no arrest in the case that drew intense attention from the community.

"It's frustrating but I still have hope," said Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan. "I feel like we're getting closer."

She was one of several family members and friends who attended Thursday's event at the Monroe Moose Family Center to help publicize the increase of reward money, up to $50,000 for finding and convicting Nevaeh's killer. The event was hosted by the Justice for Nevaeh committee

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110121/NEWS01/701219985
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:37 am

13 ABC

28 January 2011

'Justice for Nevaeh' on Roundtable Sunday‎

This spring will mark two years since the abduction and murder of a five-year-old Monroe girl.

Today, there is still no one in custody for the crime.

Little Nevaeh Buchanan was taken from outside the apartment where she lived in May of 2009. Weeks later, fishermen found her body encased in cement along the banks of the River Raisin.

The group Justice for Nevaeh continues to work on bringing closure to the case. We asked them if they think the missing Morenci boys case has helped or hindered their efforts.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7925550
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:37 am

Toledo On The Move

17 February 2011

Group not giving up fight to find Nevaeh Buchanan's killer‎

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=582433
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:38 am

Toledo On The Move

17 February 2011

Nevaeh's family, friends tired of waiting for answers in her murder‎

It is nearing two years since a 5-year-old Monroe girl was kidnapped, murdered and found in a shallow grave. You know her name by now: Nevaeh Buchanan.

But there is much we still do not know, mainly, her killer.

For family and close friends, the wait is becoming unbearable.

"The family feels like we're at a standstill and that's what's going on with us right now. We're at a standstill. No answers, nothing," said Sherry Buchanan, Nevaeh's grandmother.

A dozen or so people still gather for "Justice for Nevaeh" events at the Monroe Moose Lodge. The goal is to pass out posters and find Nevaeh's killer.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=582644
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:50 am

The Detroit News

1 March 2011

Reward in Nevaeh murder rises to $50000‎

The reward in the 2009 death of a 5-year-old Monroe girl has been doubled to $50,000 by a group dedicated to solving her murder.

Nevaeh Buchanan was taken from her home in an apartment complex on May 24, 2009. After an exhaustive search, her body was found encased in cement in a shallow grave along side the River Raisin 10 days later.

An autopsy showed she smothered to death in the grave: Here murderer remains at large.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110301/METRO/103010422/1361/Reward-in-Nevaeh-murder-rises-to-$50-000
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4