Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain)

3 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain) - Page 10 Empty Re: MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain)

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:33 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:16 am

I know hippy. We're very upset. Please join us, as talking will help in time. There is also a link to send a message to the family, many of us have done so.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain) - Page 10 Empty Re: MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain)

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:34 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:38 am

Typically Spanish

8 March 2008

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_15465.shtml

* In this article details of where she was found. Hope we can find it in maps. Torreanilla marshland near refinery Cespa.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:35 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:03 am

ok have been looking on Google Earth and found Cespa refinery. If ye look at first map I posted here

http://www.in-andalucia.com/andalucia_guide/map/huelva_map.htm

and see a little tail (lagoon) sticking out, half way up there is where she was located, so a major thoroughfare, very industrial, poor little pet.

Travel up to Huelva from the Sea, Punta Umbria on your left and you travel half way up. RIP Mari Luz.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:36 am

egalmas
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:26 am

Oh my, such a helpless feeling, so sad. What a place we live in. Poor little Mari Luz. Rest in peace, little angel. I'm sure you're in a better place. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:37 am

merlynsam
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:03 pm

See if this helps:

A = El Torrejón (Huelva)

B = Palos de la Frontera (location of the CESPA Oil refinery in Huelva)

MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain) - Page 10 Mapofhuelvamariluzsn2.th

Ignore the blue line (I had to do that to make Google Map give me an A and B marker)

From looking at this map, I am just so surprised at the vast amount of river / waterways running through Huelva. Mari Luz could have fallen into the river very near her home and been carried to where she was found. The indications are that she has been in the water a very long time.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:38 am

ewe2
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:12 pm

MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain) - Page 10 M_2a5b12b6ad3b625d9899ffd1e4b7c286-hosted
MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain) - Page 10 Mariluz-hosted

Last edited by EWE2 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

merlynsam
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:38 pm

If anyone can help me find a postal address for the family, I would be happy to organise the Perpetual Mass for Mari Luz and a Healing Mass for the Cortes family (as we did for Ylenia).

Let me know if you can help to source an address.

I would need catwoman or realistic supporter to help me with the message in their own language - or any other Spanish speaker. (Treasure wrote our message for Ylenia's family.)

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks

merly
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

tezza
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Great idea Merly.
I wonder if there is am official Mari Luz website?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:39 am

tezza
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:41 pm

By sinbad the sailor

For Mari Luz may she now be at peace.

Their child has gone missing
They do not know where
Where is their small daughter
All they feel is despair

As time slowly passes
Somehow they cope
With heavy hearts &
Religious belief
They cling on to HOPE!

Then something happens
Right out of the blue
Police they come calling
For them there is news
Their baby, they found her, BUT
Not in the way they had prayed for
Oh please Lord, look out for
This shining new star!

Mari Luz Cortes is now in your arms
Please soothe their pain Lord
And bring them some calm.

Lord in Heaven, all that we ask
Is please look after Mari
Keep her safe in your arms
We know that for you Lord
This will be an easy task
God rest this child
And make her happy once more
Let her look down on her loved ones
For evermore.

GOD PLEASE TAKE CARE OF MARI LUZ WHO IS NOW IN YOUR ARMS.XX
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:57 am

hope4maddy
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:23 pm

I'm so sorry Mari! :cry: :cry: You are a precious child and the Lord is happy to have you, I'm sure. I pray that you did not suffer. Rest in Peace sweet baby!
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:57 am

realisticsupporter
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:17 pm

Evening all.
Have only just come on and found this.
Feeling dreadful right now so not staying on.
Merly, pm me with anything you need help with and I will do my best to translate.
Sleep in peace little chica. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:58 am

merlynsam
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:10 pm

realisticsupporter wrote:Evening all.
Have only just come on and found this.
Feeling dreadful right now so not staying on.
Merly, pm me with anything you need help with and I will do my best to translate.
Sleep in peace little chica. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you for offering to help wit the translation.

I'll PM what I would like us to say.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:59 am

merlynsam
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:24 pm

PM to realistic supporter:

Please feel free to amend and edit in any way that you think is appropropriate:

Dear Mr and Mrs Cortes

It is with great sadness that we have heard the news that Mari Luz is no longer with us.

The 'Find Madeleine Forum' has prayed for Mari Luz each day. We have prayed for Mari Luz's safe return to her family.

We have enrolled Mari Luz in the Perpetual Masses of the Society of African Missions. The holy fathers will say a mass for her every day until eternity. This is the greatest gift that we can give to Mari Luz now.

We have also organised healing masses for you and your family. You are going through such a tragic time and nobody can take your pain. We hope that you will gather some strength from knowing that there are people around the world who keep you in their thoughts and prayers.

We send our love.

All members of the Find Madeleine Forum

http://www.freeforums.in/phpbb/index.php?mforum=detectives
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:59 am

ewe2
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:04 am

Lovely message. Says it all. Thanks merly and realistic supporter.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:00 am

merlynsam
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:11 am

So shall I organise these masses?

I can go into Manchester on Thursday or Friday next week.

Let me know if we are all agreeing that we would like to do something.

I STILL NEED A POSTAL ADDRESS!
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:00 am

ewe2
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:14 am

I am happy for you to go ahead. Not sure how we can get the address.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:01 am

tezza
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:23 am

Yes, please do go ahead Merly.
I am still trying to find out an address but haven't found one so far.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:01 am

merlynsam
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:26 am

From El Semanal Digital:

http://tinyurl.com/2zmxwd

The option that Mari Luz’s murderer or murderers could be from Huelva and, more probably, be individuals close to the Cortés family is being considered. The possibility that this death could be an act of revenge against the family has not yet been discarded. This is a potential option, given that various persons, whom the family had had problems with, had threatened them.

The Police hope that the autopsy will shed light on when and where her death occurred. The fact that the body was recognisable would tend not to lend weight to the option that Mari Luz spent fifty days in the water and allows for the supposition that the abductors did not kill her on 13th January.

Source for this translation: http://the3arguidos.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5651&p=127237#p127237
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:02 am

merlynsam
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:29 am

EWE2 wrote:I am happy for you to go ahead. Not sure how we can get the address.

Rose came up with Ylenia's address - I don't know how.

Okay, I'll phone the SMA Fathers tomorrow and arrange to go and get the Mass cards on Thursday/Friday.
I hope that will be okay with our members.

Can realistic supporter/catwoman help us with the address?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:03 am

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:02 am

I've been doing a bit of sleuthing to see if I could help with the address and this is what I came up with!

You could try:

TO:
The family of Mari-Luz Cortes

Or

TO:
Juan Jose Cortes & Irena Ramirez

Torrejon estate / El Torrejón area
Huelva
Spain

*Torrejon estate
Link to info ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=508301&in_page_id=1811&ct=5 )

*El Torrejón area
Link to info ( http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_15463.shtml )

I am sure that this family will be well known in the Huelva area of Spain and the above info should get a letter to them!
I read or heard somewhere that the McCanns had some mail delivered from different areas of world with Just Gerry and Kate McCann, UK, on the envelope!
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:04 am

merlynsam
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:57 am

Thanks twiglet. I am sure you are right - they will be well known. However, I am a bit concerned about Royal Mail accepting the cards without a proper address. (I have to send them via airmail)
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:05 am

merlynsam
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:58 am

It appears that the death of little Mari Luz Cortés, according to the Correio da Manhã, points towards homicide. The body was autopsied by a team from the Anatomic Forensic Institute of Huelva, in the presence of members from the Scientific Police, who also collected elements at the location where the child's body was found.

According to the family's spokesperson, Mr. Luís Molina, it is probable that the family will request a second autopsy, not because they do not trust the professionals that carried out the first one, but because "they want to be sure".

Correio da Manhã ascertains that they were advised to do so by the detective agency that was investigating Mari Luz's disappearance - and which is NOT Metodo 3 - which will tomorrow begin investigating at the place where her little body was found. Their purpose now will be to find the person/persons who committed this heinous act. They will be paid from the fund which many people donated to and which Mr. Cortés specified neither he nor his wife were to have access to.

Mari was found with two deep gashes: one on her head and another on her cheek. She was fully dressed with the clothes she was wearing on the day she disappeared.

The family allegedly continues to believe this was an act of revenge and suspects a particular individual. The police, on the other hand, continues its investigation, without making reference to suspects or possibilities.

The results of the autopsy should be known within the next day.

Hundreds of people gathered outside of Town Hall in Huelva, at 12 PM for 5 minutes of silence in honour of Mari Luz.

A judge has decreed secrecy around this case. The results of the autopsy will not be publicly revealed.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:05 am

merlynsam
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:05 am

Some latest news on Mari Luz from a Spanish poster (IRONSIDE)

The worker who found her said she was floating face down with her arms spread eagled....she was fully clothed....a large cut on the top of her head.....she was without a face,eyes,hair and nails.....the family have insisted on a second autopsy when this one has been completed....

This is only a report and early days...but it was mentioned that the family could be hiding something and that if this was a crime...the parents may well know something and have chosen to keep this secret....

yeremi 's parents have sent their respects....

Thoughts so far are that it is someone from the village involved....

Reports also say that Mari Luz died within 24 to 48 hours of going missing.....they do not believe she has been in the water for the last two months.....Question is ...where has she been....as I said these are first reports that later may change...
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:06 am

ewe2
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:01 am

Posted for Sinbad / Her words

MARI LUZ CORTES - Aged 5 years - Huelva (Spain) - Page 10 Ixy5fp
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:07 am

merlynsam
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:46 am

Typically Spanish

By m.p. - Mar 9, 2008 - 5:16 PM

DNA testing confirms the body found in Huelva is Mari Luz Cortés

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann have passed on their condolences to the Cortés family

DNA testing has confirmed that the badly decomposed body found floating in the Ría de Huelva -the common estuary of the Tinto and Odiel Rivers - on Friday afternoon, is that of Mari Luz Cortés, the five year old girl who disappeared in the city on 13th January. She went missing after leaving her home in the El Torrejón district of Huelva for a short trip to the local sweets kiosk, and her body was found near the Cepsa refinery installations by a Cepsa employee, still dressed in the same clothes she was wearing when she was last seen. Mari Luz’s father, Juan José Cortés, identified his daughter’s body on Friday, but the DNA testing has now confirmed the identification 100%.

It’s understood that the autopsy has now been completed, and the judge will decide whether to release the results to the press as the investigation remains governed by secrecy. Luis Molina, spokesman for the Cortés family, told journalists that the family has no information on the results, and added that there has been no confirmation of reports in the media that the five year old died within 24 hours of her disappearance. He called on the press to refrain from giving any information which could later turn out to be false.

He also spoke of the possibility of carrying out a second autopsy, not, he said, because of a lack of confidence, but for her father’s peace of mind.

It’s understood that Gerry and Kate McCann, the parents of four year old Madeleine, who disappeared from the Portuguese Algarve in May last year – less than 200 kilometres away - have passed on their condolences to the Cortés family. The McCann’s spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said ‘their thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time.’

Flags across Huelva have been flying at half mast this weekend, in the three days of official mourning called for Mari Luz. A silent protest was held at the doors of City Hall on Saturday, where hundreds turned out to show their support for her grieving family.

He also spoke of the possibility of carrying out a second autopsy, not, he said, because of a lack of confidence, but for her father’s peace of mind.

It’s understood that Gerry and Kate McCann, the parents of four year old Madeleine, who disappeared from the Portuguese Algarve in May last year – less than 200 kilometres away - have passed on their condolences to the Cortés family. The McCann’s spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said ‘their thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time.’

Flags across Huelva have been flying at half mast this weekend, in the three days of official mourning called for Mari Luz. A silent protest was held at the doors of City Hall on Saturday, where hundreds turned out to show their support for her grieving family.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_15480.shtml
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next