Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

NATALEE HOLLOWAY 18 (USA) - Missing in Aruba (Carribean Island) - 30/05/05

+2
Hippy
pam supportfromireland
6 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

NATALEE HOLLOWAY 18 (USA) - Missing in Aruba (Carribean Island) - 30/05/05 - Page 2 Empty Re: NATALEE HOLLOWAY 18 (USA) - Missing in Aruba (Carribean Island) - 30/05/05

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:20 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:49 pm posted by Rose Post subject:

Ow.. he's been made an official suspect now (just heard on tv).
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland
Forum Moderator (Missing)

Number of posts : 6734
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

NATALEE HOLLOWAY 18 (USA) - Missing in Aruba (Carribean Island) - 30/05/05 - Page 2 Empty Re: NATALEE HOLLOWAY 18 (USA) - Missing in Aruba (Carribean Island) - 30/05/05

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:21 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:04 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

ABC news

4th February 2008

Holloway Prosecutor to Seek New Arrest Warrant

Aruban Prosecutor to Appeal a Judge's Decision Denying Him a Warrant for Joran Van der Sloot

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4239135&page=1
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:33 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

Rose wrote:

This appeared to be such good news. However a poster from NL has said:

"not EXACTLY - but the Aruba Prosecuter has appealed the judge's decision NOT to arrest Joran van der Sloot immediately AND has stated that he wants to prosecute JvdS for murder."

So I am not sure now.......
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:54 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

ABC News

Feb. 4, 2008

By CHRIS CUOMO and CHRIS FRANCESCANI

Meet the Man Who Got Van Der Sloot to Talk About Holloway's Disappearance
Patrick van der Eem Gives the Inside Story to ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/2020/Story?id=4236425&page=1

INCLUDES VIDEO FOOTAGE

1. Van der Sloot Informat Speaks
(4'30)

2. Van der Sloot on Tape (3'0)

3. Natalee Holloway's Mom Reacts - Beth Twitty Discusses Case (3'05)

4. Natalee Holloway Mystery Solved? (3'30)

5. Van der Sloot Confronts Reporter (0'30)

6. Holloway Breakthrough - New Details in Aruba Investigation (3'20)

7. Natalee Holloway Case Re-opened (4'0)

8. Arrest Made in Holloway Case (0'35)
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:41 pm posted by pam supportfromireland Post subject:

I bet it is all a lot of Dutch are talking about. Justice for Natalie if possible.
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:26 pm

Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:43 am posted by merlynsam Post subject:

Radio Netherlands

by Arwen van Grafhorst*

04-02-2008

Joran van der Sloot remains at liberty

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/currentaffairs/080204-holloway-arrest-sloot
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:27 pm

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:19 pm posted by Rose Post subject:
merlynsam wrote:
Rose wrote:

"not EXACTLY - but the Aruba Prosecuter has appealed the judge's decision NOT to arrest Joran van der Sloot immediately AND has stated that he wants to prosecute JvdS for murder."

There's a little difference in being arrested and being an official suspect. I think it's the same as the "arguido" status.
Country is going absolutely mad about it though, just been invited (by mail) to join a Hyves group called "Joran is a criminal" Does it get any weirder?

A good Dutch source is www.nu.nl
I'd try to stay away from "de telegraaf" and "algemeen dagblad", sbs news and "hart van nederland" as they are just about the sensation.
The documentary from Peter R. de Vries is now also shown on Belgian national television.
Just read that he will be arrested as soon as he sets foot in Aruba.
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:51 pm posted by hope4maddy Post subject:

I pray that this family can finally have closure...if this is true. Poor Natalie.

Thanks for the updates Merly and Rose.
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:29 pm

Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:22 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

Rose wrote:
merlynsam wrote:
Rose wrote:

Rose:

There's a little difference in being arrested and being an official suspect. I think it's the same as the "arguido" status.
Country is going absolutely mad about it though, just been invited (by mail) to join a Hyves group called "Joran is a criminal" Does it get any weirder?

I'd try to stay away from "de telegraaf" and "algemeen dagblad", sbs news and "hart van nederland" as they are just about the sensation.
The documentary from Peter R. de Vries is now also shown on Belgian national television.

Rose, thanks for your explanation. I do understand what you are saying about the media taking the place of the criminal justice system. However, I am just not sure whether I would have rejected the findings of Peter R Devries had I been Beth Twitty.

As I understand this situation, Beth was shown the video BEFORE it was aired (and there is video evidence which appears to be testimony to this) and the Aruba police were also informed and shown it, but were more cautious because of the legalities of this video as testimony in a court of law.

In my heart, I want closure for this young person; but my head demands caution. In this country we have legislation about "honey traps" which are not allowed. (Let me know if you need me to define that better for you and I will find a way to explain. We had an infamous case in this country with Colin Stagg - alleged murderer of Rachael Nickell.)

Anyway, thanks for your input Rose. It is all helpful.
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:25 pm posted by pam supportfromireland Post subject:

yes my initial thought was this too but do hope and expect justice will be served as high as possible. He is 17 yrs old! Mad and crazy and more!
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:33 pm

Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:47 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

pam supportfromireland wrote:
yes my initial thought was this too but do hope and expect justice will be served as high as possible. He is 17 yrs old! Mad and crazy and more!

Oooooh Pam! I am sure you meant to say IMO after that statement!

I know what you mean though.

Let's pray for closure for this young woman - and for her family.

Closure is a difficult thing - I know.

When my brother died unexpectedly (walking home to my house because he lived with me) I didn't get closure until I actually saw the photographs of him in death - after he was found already dead. Now not everyone would want to do that (my siblings didn't - but they wanted me to look at the photos and describe what I saw, and whether I concurred with the police reports.)

I was satisfied that no harm had come to him by another individual. That meant a lot to me. I absolutely needed to know that.
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:16 pm posted by Rose Post subject:
merlynsam wrote:
Rose wrote:
merlynsam wrote:
Rose wrote:

Rose, thanks for your explanation. I do understand what you are saying about the media taking the place of the criminal justice system. However, I am just not sure whether I would have rejected the findings of Peter R Devries had I been Beth Twitty.

As I understand this situation, Beth was shown the video BEFORE it was aired (and there is video evidence which appears to be testimony to this) and the Aruba police were also informed and shown it, but were more cautious because of the legalities of this video as testimony in a court of law.

In my heart, I want closure for this young person; but my head demands caution. In this country we have legislation about "honey traps" which are not allowed. (Let me know if you need me to define that better for you and I will find a way to explain. We had an infamous case in this country with Colin Stagg - alleged murderer of Rachael Nickell.)

Anyway, thanks for your input Rose. It is all helpful.

Oh no.. you're absolutely right in not rejecting the information.. I wholeheartedly agree.. but I think it is wrong to air it internationally when there hasn't even been a conviction. People ARE innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. There's an absolute manhunt for Joran now, which might not even be justified. I know it's a small possibility that he isn't guilty, but it's still a possibility.

I know what you mean with the legislation about "honey traps" I actually think it's the same in the Netherlands, but Peter R De Vries is not a cop, so I don't know if the law applies here.
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:46 pm posted by pam supportfromireland Post subject:

Of course IMO Merly.

Sorry to hear about family troubles with your brother. Extremely tough.

I am hoping closure may be possible here, even in slight possibility for family, as do understand what you mean about finding Natalie, awful situation.
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:38 pm

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:19 pm posted by hope4maddy Post subject:

From what I saw on CNN last night, they don't consider it "entrapment"...the term used in The States, because it wasn't a police officer that recorded him.

Here's a piece of the transcript from last nights show...CNN/Nancy Grace:

"Aruba`s chief prosecutor said the hidden camera interview with Joran Van Der Sloot can be admitted as evidence in the Natalee Holloway case because it was recorded by a private citizen."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/05/ng.01.html
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:40 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:53 am posted by merlynsam Post subject:

ABC News

6th February 2008

Brothers Questioned in Holloway Case Sue Dr. Phil

Judge Refuses to Dismiss Holloway-Related Suit Against CBS and 'Dr. Phil' McGraw

A judge refused to dismiss a defamation suit Tuesday against CBS and television psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw brought by two brothers who were questioned in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

William Cremer, the lead attorney for Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, praised the decision by Superior Court Judge Edward A. Ferns.

<continues>

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=4248025
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:42 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:53 am posted by merlynsam Post subject:

Van der Sloot parents on GMA, exactly two years ago.

Good Morning America

Duration: 4'23

06/02/2006

Holloway Suspect's Parents

EXCLUSIVE: Parents of the main suspect in Natalee Holloway case speak out.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1584547 (part 1)

Good Morning America

Duration: 3'29

07/02/2006

Aruba Family Fed Up

Parents vehemently defend son suspected in Natalee Holloway disappearance.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1589467 (part 2)
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:08 pm posted by pam supportfromireland Post subject:

Joran Van Der Sloot Blog

http://joranvandersloot.blogspot.com/
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:23 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

You Tube

Added: February 03, 2008

Peter R. de Vries de oplossing van Natalee Holloway deel 1

part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSfiXUeiueI&feature=related

part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=van3GG7KhI0&feature=related

part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1TU8AWjrR0&feature=related

part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux_kvXtv0p0&feature=related

part 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGJDOucnx_0&feature=related

part 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-qPdrxgxB8&feature=related

part 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSst4q1-yjY&feature=related

part 8

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=0JRhvg_tWtY

A translation of these videos can be found here:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2576.0

CAUTION - THE TRANSCRIPT IS AD VERBATIM AND INCLUDES THE SWEAR WORDS WHICH WERE SPOKEN
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:48 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

Pete R Devries (Crime Reporter)

02 - 06 - 2008 / 7:00 p.m. (G.M.T.)

Forensic Psychologist Corine de Ruiter: “Joran has psychopathic traits”

http://www.peterrdevries.com/news-psychologist.htm
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:49 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:28 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

Fox News

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Natalee Holloway's Father Reacts to Videotape About What Dutch Teen Did With his Daughter

Natalee Holloway’s father said a secretly videotaped conversation Dutch teen Joran van der Sloot had about disposing of his daughter’s body has only added to his resolve to find her, KTRK-TV reported.

Dave Holloway was horrified to hear Van der Sloot’s remarks on tape about panicking when Natalee apparently suffered a drinking-related seizure and dumping her body into the ocean with the help of a friend without knowing for sure whether she was alive or dead.

<continues>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329105,00.html
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:41 am

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:53 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

PETER R. DE VRIES ON U.S. TELEVISION

Wednesday the 6th of February 2008 Peter R. the Vries landed just before 6:00 pm on the Airport of New York, where he directly had an interview with CNN. In the hotel he had a conversation with Newsweek. Later that night he had a live connection with ABC Alabama from the ABC studio in New York.

For Thursday the 7th of February 2008 the schedule will be:

DATE & TIME NETWORK TV SHOW
02-07-2008 - 7:30 a.m. (EST) ABC Good morning America
02-07-2008 - 8:30 a.m. (EST) Fox News Mike and Juliette show
02-07-2008 - 9:30 a.m. (EST) CBS Inside edition
02-07-2008 - 8:00 p.m. (EST) CNN Larry King show
02-07-2008 - 10:00 p.m. (EST) Fox News Greta van Susteren
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:42 am

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:22 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

The Birmingham News

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Aruban police say more to Natalee Holloway case than seen on hidden-camera interview

Aruban investigators say there's more evidence against Joran van der Sloot than was revealed in Monday's broadcast of a hidden-camera interview with the chief suspect in Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

<continues>

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1202202931194200.xml&coll=2
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:43 am

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:24 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

ABC TV - 20/20 Special

The Final Hours of Natalee Holloway

Part 1 - Duration 10'20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XiVDQ-ShHs

Part 2 - Duration 9'06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgrnp8lEBTE

Part 3 - Duration 6'44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJTFAtA94W4

Part 4 - Duration 9'37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08GJS9fx-kw

Part 5 - Duration 7'45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvosKuNp76E

Part 6 - Duration 8'25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqtephshvvA

Part 7 - Duration 3'37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH2cOiIuID8
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:44 am

pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:47 am

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:26 pm posted by merlynsam Post subject:

Good Morning America

Interview with PETER DE VRIES

Summary by a poster from US:

He said that investigators are now in NL to question Joran

Joran's parents are very concerned for his mental state - thinks he's suicidal

Peter is totally convinced Joran is telling the truth and not lying to Patrick

The Daury that's been in the news is not the Daury the investigators are now looking into

Peter just spoke with the prosecutors, and they said there is no way Joe Tacopino could know about the phonecall from the payphone, and that it's still under investigation to see what phone calls were made that night (Joe had previously said the phone has already been checked out, but the authorities say it's impossible for Joe to know this)

How Peter feels about if he got everything - he feels he accomplished in getting this case re-opened
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next