Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

RILEY ANN SAWYERS - 'BABY GRACE' - Aged 2 years - Galveston, Texas (USA)

4 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

RILEY ANN SAWYERS - 'BABY GRACE' - Aged 2 years - Galveston, Texas (USA) - Page 3 Empty Re: RILEY ANN SAWYERS - 'BABY GRACE' - Aged 2 years - Galveston, Texas (USA)

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:23 am

treasure
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:06 pm

I read the link.... Shocked Shocked Shocked

I wonder how long it will take for the forensic results? My heart goes out to the family, wherever they are, who are about to receive such dreadful news.......

Poor little baby.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

RILEY ANN SAWYERS - 'BABY GRACE' - Aged 2 years - Galveston, Texas (USA) - Page 3 Empty Re: RILEY ANN SAWYERS - 'BABY GRACE' - Aged 2 years - Galveston, Texas (USA)

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:24 am

ewe2
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:14 pm

FBI ASSISTING GALVESTON COUNTY SHERIFF IN “BABY GRACE” INVESTIGATION

There would appear to be a discrepency with the description of the shoes.

http://houston.fbi.gov/pressrel/2007/ho11012007.htm
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:25 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:20 pm

It is so difficult and lots of children go missing in US with no real records apparently.Hope news very soon.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:25 am

ewe2
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:57 am

A myspace page for Baby Grace

http://www.myspace.com/babygrace1007

Madeleine is also featured as one of the missing children on this page. If you click her picture it will take you to a myspace page with loads of information etc.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:26 am

merlynsam
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:04 am

The FBI releases are saying that the grey container with white handles is "identical". (There has been a suggestion on other forums that the box was blue.)

SEEKING INFORMATION

UNIDENTIFIED MURDER VICTIM
GALVESTON, TEXAS
OCTOBER 29, 2007

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinfo/babygrace_gavelston.htm
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:26 am

merlynsam
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:05 am

DEATH BY A 1000 PAPERCUTS

BLOGSPOT FOR BABY GRACE

http://deathby1000papercuts.blogspot.com/2007/11/baby-grace-fbi-offers-20000-reward.html
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:27 am

merlynsam
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:32 am

Posted by EWE2 (moved from LINKS TO BLOGS FOR MADELEINE)

I am going to post this but if you are easily upset please do not read it.

I found it when I was looking for updates about poor Baby Grace. I found it disgusting and a perfect example of how some people think.

Hello, Anorak

I spoke with Det. Maj. Ray Tattoilmondo this morning re: what follows below.

To Andrew, Matt, Stevo, Patch, and all who care. Thought I would let you know that I just got off the phone with the detective handling the case of the dead child, Baby Grace, who washed ashore on a deserted island near Galveston, Texas.Fishermen taking part in a fishing rodea offshore found her.

I’d called earlier when the sketch was released to point out the striking resemblance between Baby Grace and Madeleine McCann. He said he was in contact with the Portuguese police already.

He agreed with me that, based on the currents of Huelva, Spain and even just all around Spain and Portugal, it would be completely possible for the container with its body to have drifted out to sea, to have followed Columbus’s path to the New World, and that this is exactly where it would have come. He did say that only at the very end of the Gulf
Stream pattern does the theory break down just a bit, with the modern intrusion of the international waterway. But we discussed the theory that perhaps some yachtsman or fisherman saw the container, snagged it out of curiousity, and when they saw the contents, panicked and dumped it back out into the water, where it again floated on the tides, and
ended up on the island beach.

He said they are working on testing the dna right now.

We discussed how the body’s decomposition could have varied. He agreed that an explanation might be that someone involved in killing Madeleine could have stored her body in a cold place, which would have slowed decomposition, and that salt water will also slow decomposition.

It is also possible that whoever killed her may have kept her alive longer that is now speculated. But then, the cadaver fluids, etc. in the McCanns’ car and apartment would be hard to explain.

But the little pink outfit…especially that pink cardigan with ruffled sleeves–that cardigan is almost identical in color and style to one worn by Kate McCann the day the JP named her arguido.

Still, it may not be her.

Without saying so much, though, he told me the most disappointing thing was that the states of decomposition really didn’t add up completely. HE also stated vaguely that there were other more physical aspects that cast doubt on the little girls being the same child, but that they would check out every single thing.

He confirmed that the child had died from a strong blow to the head, and they didn’t yet see any other signs of violent injury.

Sarah Whalen

http://www.anorak.co.uk/twitterings/177366.html
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:28 am

vonb
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:28 am

I think these people who are suggesting that Baby Grace is Madeleine are really taking a long shot. Apparently poor Baby Grace was dead c. 2 weeks which I doubt a box could float from Portugal to the US in 2 weeks (I could be wrong) and I really don't think Gerry would have brought her in his suitcase, or the freight company from Huelva would have brought her and dumped her. I would also suggest that the 'physical aspect' could be that Baby Grace does not have an eye defect like Madeleine which would be a very telling characteristic.

They are, however, IMO absolutely correct to rule out every possibility.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:29 am

ewe2
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:54 am

vonb wrote:I think these people who are suggesting that Baby Grace is Madeleine are really taking a long shot. Apparently poor Baby Grace was dead c. 2 weeks which I doubt a box could float from Portugal to the US in 2 weeks (I could be wrong) and I really don't think Gerry would have brought her in his suitcase, or the freight company from Huelva would have brought her and dumped her. I would also suggest that the 'physical aspect' could be that Baby Grace does not have an eye defect like Madeleine which would be a very telling characteristic.

I think the whole lot of it is absolutely rubbish, but part of a concerted attempt to wind the story up.. The very fact that people sit down with the sole purpose of trying to make something fit disgusts me. I think however that we should be aware of the type of people who are out there.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:45 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:27 pm

I have full trust in US authorities that all is being done to identify Baby Grace, using correct procedure.It is my opinion.They care deeply about a child that needs identification and must cover all avenues.I hope we get news and she can be laid to rest soon.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:45 am

merlynsam
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:05 pm

I agree Pam. Galveston authorities did issue a report saying Baby Grace was NOT Madaleine, and one half of me was happy for Madeleine; the other sad for Baby Grace because she is still unknown. (A really peculiar mixed-reaction that one...)

That was why I'm surprised to see that Madeleine is "still on the radar". But I suppose without DNA proof they daren't absolutely rule out a connection at this stage.

(I must say Pam that I am still focusing on the possible Deonna Shipman/Baby Grace link.)
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:46 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi Merly

It is all so tragic but definitely working very hard. The fact they are looking at 2 dozen missing children and possible more,emphasises how difficult this is.I hope not much longer a wait as so many families in pain waiting.

I thought that too Merly about poor wee Deonna but it is my opinion that the sketch gives impression of wavy long hair to waist and based on mum her hair is very straight and fine.Mind you I stand to be corrected when confirmations come in.I wish very soon.

I hope I haven't offended anyone in above post.It is my opinion and we are all trying to help in any little way we can.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:47 am

vonb
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:37 pm

vonb wrote:I think these people who are suggesting that Baby Grace is Madeleine are really taking a long shot. Apparently poor Baby Grace was dead c. 2 weeks which I doubt a box could float from Portugal to the US in 2 weeks (I could be wrong) and I really don't think Gerry would have brought her in his suitcase, or the freight company from Huelva would have brought her and dumped her. I would also suggest that the 'physical aspect' could be that Baby Grace does not have an eye defect like Madeleine which would be a very telling characteristic.

Just to clarify, when I say 'they' are right to rule out every possibility, I was talking about the police and not the other people who are making up these wild stories.

And Pam, you didn't cause any offence, to me anyway Wink
We all want this little girl to be claimed and for her family to be around her again - so that she too can go home.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:47 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:16 am

Houston Chronicle

20 November 2007

FBI to announce reward in "Baby Grace" case

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5315778.html
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:48 am

tezza
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:18 pm

Baby Grace: FBI Offers $20,000 Reward; Madeline McCann Connection?

November 18th, 2007 by mondoreb
FBI Offers $20,000 Reward But Issues No Press Release

http://www.bloggernews.net/111777

The Madeline McCann Connection: What the Definitive Answer?

We’ve been following the story of Baby Grace, the little girl whose body was found on a small inlet on Galveston Bay. A fisherman discovered her October 29th encased in a blue plastic tote that came to rest on a sand bar.

The FBI has a reward of $20,000 for information leading to the identity of Baby Grace. It was tacked onto a poster released by the FBI. It is unknown what date the FBI put out this flier. Although the reward is on the flier, no press release was issued concerning the reward.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:49 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:40 pm

Sad story to read

ABC News

20 November 2007

Could "Baby Grace" soon be identified?

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=5771686
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:50 am

hope4maddy
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:06 pm

This is really sad. I can't believe this. If this is the case, then someone did this with the intention of harm. Why?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:50 am

merlynsam
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:30 pm

Click2 Houston

POSTED: 10:56 am CST November 22, 2007

By Elizabeth Scarborough

Baby Grace DNA Results Expected Soon

GALVESTON, Texas -- Investigators will soon have a usable DNA profile to help them find Baby Grace's true identity, KPRC Local 2 reported Wednesday.

Baby Grace is a 2- to 3-year-old girl who was found dead inside a plastic box in west Galveston Bay on Oct. 29.

The Galveston County Sheriff's Office has received nearly 400 tips. Investigators said about 110 of those involve missing children about her age, and they have cleared about 60 percent of them.

Detectives have gathered a total of 11 DNA samples to try to find her identity. Officials requested nine of them and two were given voluntarily, sources told KPRC Local 2.

The samples include the parents of 4-year-old Madeleine McCann from Great Britain, who disappeared May 3 while the family was on vacation in Portugal.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/14669689/detail.html
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:51 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:50 pm

thinking about peace for baby Grace soon.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:52 am

lina_gr
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:00 pm

CHRON.COM

24 November 2007

Family hopes DNA not linked to Baby Grace
Ohio relatives of a missing child from Spring among several asked for samples

By HARVEY RICE

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5325283.html
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:53 am

lina_gr
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:05 pm

RILEY ANN SAWYERS - 'BABY GRACE' - Aged 2 years - Galveston, Texas (USA) - Page 3 1105_LOC_Baby-Vigil6jr

A wooden cross with the name 'Baby Grace' had her picture on the front. A little tiara sits delicately on top for this princess with no name. A memorial, made by Equusearch founder Tim Miller just like the one he made for his daughter 21 years ago.

http://news.galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=49b8b64be7eb55a2
(more pics)

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=5742077
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:54 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:19 pm

Thanks for adding the picture and extra articles lina.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:54 am

vonb
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:04 am

pam supportfromireland wrote:Thanks for adding the picture and extra articles lina.

That is so sad - I would love if there was someway I could get my poem put at the memorial from all of us here to prove that this little angel has touched so many hearts. Would this be a good idea, any ideas how to do it?? Through the newspaper or contact the two men named??

What do you think or am I just a bit over-emotional Sad
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:55 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:29 am

Hi von

If you want to send your poem hon, do so,as is your wish.You could contact the newspaper with the attention of the man who made the cross maybe.It is all so emotional and sad.If you feel moved to share your poem,why not.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:55 am

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:06 am

Houston Chronicle

Nov. 24, 2007, 5:22PM

Family hopes DNA not linked to Baby Grace
Ohio relatives of a missing child from Spring among several asked for samples

By HARVEY RICE

Family of Riley Ann Sawyers is one family awaiting news of Baby Grace

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5325283.html
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next