Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

PATROL CAR POSTER CAMPAIGN USA

Go down

PATROL CAR POSTER CAMPAIGN USA Empty PATROL CAR POSTER CAMPAIGN USA

Post  Admin Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:29 am

Posted by pamsupportfromireland
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:32 am Post subject: PATROL CAR POSTER CAMPAIGN USA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My husband has visited this area & the whole scheme sounds like a great one. Hope we can persuade EU Police cars to do the same

Patrol cars display photos of missing, abducted children
Wednesday, Oct 1, 2008

By Jeremy Peppas
Stephens Media
NORTH LITTLE ROCK - Police officers have a new tool to help find missing children - their patrol cars.

The North Little Rock Police Department joined others in the state Tuesday in displaying photographs of missing or abducted children on the back glass of patrol cars as part of the Morgan Nick Foundation's Picture Them Home Campaign.

Also included on the five vehicles unveiled Tuesday is a toll-free number - 877-KID-HOPE - to call if the child is spotted.

Clarksville was the first police department in the state to display the photographs, and one of the children whose picture it displayed was later recovered.

Greenwood and Clarksville police departments also participate, as do agencies in Oklahoma.

Missing children from Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas will be featured as the program spreads across the region.

Colleen Nick developed the foundation after her daughter, Morgan, then 6 years old, was abducted from an Alma ballpark in 1995. Morgan Nick has never been found.

"I'm sorry that I get emotional," Colleen Nick said at a news conference Tuesday, fighting back tears. "This just means so much to me."

One of the North Little Rock patrol cars features a photo of Morgan at 6 as well as an age progression photo of what the girl might look like today.

Clarksville Police Chief Greg Donaldson and Greenwood chief Keith Jackson both attended Tuesday's news conference.

"When I worked here, I worked the missing kids unit," said Jackson, a former North Little Rock police officer. "So kids have always been a soft spot for me, so when this came up, it was just natural for us to get involved."

As for North Little Rock, Tuesday's unveiling was just a first step, Chief Danny Bradley said.

"We have plans to do 10 more," Bradley said. "So that would put us up to 15, and then we'll look at doing more."

Fifteen cars would mean about 10 percent of the city's patrol car fleet will feature the photos. The department does not currently have an open child abduction investigation.

Twin City Bank and Jenkins Enterprises, the company that actually made the window displays, funded the project.

The effort joins the Morgan Nick Amber Alert system as another tool for law enforcement. The alert system features more than 40 electronic billboards alongside Arkansas roads and highways. The system uses wireless technology to display photos of missing children.

More than 2,000 children are reported missing each day across the country.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-08-07

https://find-madeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down