Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

NASSIMA SADIA 7 - (now in Algeria) - Belfast (UK) - 20 /04/06

5 posters

Go down

NASSIMA SADIA 7 - (now in Algeria) - Belfast (UK) - 20 /04/06 Empty NASSIMA SADIA 7 - (now in Algeria) - Belfast (UK) - 20 /04/06

Post  lin200 Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:01 am

NASSIMA SADIA

NASSIMA SADIA 7 - (now in Algeria) - Belfast (UK) - 20 /04/06 Banner

A Belfast woman has begun a campaign to win back her seven-year-old daughter who is at the centre of a tug-of-love dispute. Dawn Sadia, from Dee Street, east Belfast, said the last 10 weeks without her child, Nassima, have been a "nightmare".

Her husband, Mustapha, took their child to his native Algeria for an Easter holiday and refused to bring her home.

Dawn intends to work through the international courts and is campaigning to bring her child back to Belfast. She has set up a website for Nassima and has been "overwhelmed" with messages of support. Dawn is now concentrating on raising public awareness as well as funds for a court battle.

Nassima, a pupil at Elmgrove Primary School, went on holiday with her father, who was known in Belfast as Giles and who worked as a taxi-driver.

"This was a normal annual holiday. The first two years I went with them, but I developed a fear of flying," Dawn explained. Yet she felt it was important for her daughter to know her father's family, her cousins, her aunts and uncles.

'Normal visit'

"It was a normal visit. I took them to the airport and kissed them goodbye," she said. The first hint that something was wrong came on the day when father and daughter were due home. On 19 April, her husband phoned to say they were not coming back. "I got a message that said he wanted to stay and he was keeping Nassima. It was just like a matter of a fact," she said.

Ward of court

When she tried to talk to her daughter, she was told she wasn't there. When she rang early in the morning, she was told Nassima was sleeping and could not come to the phone.

On 27 April, Nassima was made a ward of court by the High Court in Northern Ireland - but Dawn believes she may have to fight the case in African courts.

"The fund raising is for when we do track down my husband and daughter, I will need to get an Algerian lawyer go to their courts and fight a legal battle to have Nassima returned to me," she explained. She understands it could be a long battle. "I have hopeful days, but I have days where I lose hope," she said.

"There is not a lot of success rate in non-Hague convention countries.

"Nassima is on an Algerian passport ... She is not even a dual nationality in Algeria. Even as her mother, from what I have read, I don't have any rights." It is understood that under Algerian law, any children born to British women who are wives or partners of Algerian citizens are also regarded as Algerian citizens if the father's name is on the birth certificate. It means that if such a child is brought into Algeria they can only leave if the father signs what is known as an "authorisation paternal".

http://tinyurl.com/2g98u2[/quote]
lin200
lin200

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

NASSIMA SADIA 7 - (now in Algeria) - Belfast (UK) - 20 /04/06 Empty Re: NASSIMA SADIA 7 - (now in Algeria) - Belfast (UK) - 20 /04/06

Post  Admin Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:17 pm

Posted by pamsupportfromireland
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:00 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smokie, any updates on this case? It must be torture for the Mum & daughter.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-08-07

https://find-madeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

NASSIMA SADIA 7 - (now in Algeria) - Belfast (UK) - 20 /04/06 Empty Re: NASSIMA SADIA 7 - (now in Algeria) - Belfast (UK) - 20 /04/06

Post  pam supportfromireland Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:12 am

Smokie, if there is any help campaigning we can do on this case. Let us know. The main website is down but I'm hoping you may be able to find contacts for Mum in Belfast. Thanks.
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland
Forum Moderator (Missing)

Number of posts : 6734
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi Smokie, maybe you didn't see the last message. We would certainly like to help this sad case.
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  smokie Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi Pam sadly the case has went quite quiet back home, I have been asking. There is no news of Nassima or no posters ect. I will continue to ask at the college as I'm sure someone will know something.
smokie
smokie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 1519
Birthday : 1977-11-11
Registration date : 2008-08-26

http://www.findmissingkids.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Thank you smokie hon.
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:06 am

NASSIMA SADIA

NASSIMA SADIA 7 - (now in Algeria) - Belfast (UK) - 20 /04/06 Ns10

Missing since 20 April 2006

Last edited by Twiglet on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:00 am

myalgeria.com

1 January 2007

I didn't abduct my Ulster-born daughter, says Algerian dad

The father of a young Ulster girl who was taken to Algeria in April last night denied she was abducted.

In a statement published in the Belfast Telegraph's sister paper, Sunday Life, Mustapha Sadia denied kidnapping his seven- year-old daughter, Nassima.

The former Belfast taxi driver claimed his daughter was "doing well" and was being brought up in the Islamic faith.

We tried to contact his estranged wife, Dawn Sadia, yesterday, but she was not available for comment.

Although the PSNI and the Foreign Office are treating the case as an abduction, Mr Sadia claims it should be treated as a "custody" case.

Said Mr Sadia: "Nassima is my daughter - I did not abduct her. She is quite happy.

"The trip to Algeria was planned for a long time, but things didn't work out and I went ahead.

"This is a custody case - it is not an abduction case.

"Nassima is at school and she is being treated very well.

"No crime has been committed and Dawn will get to see her daughter again once she stops accusing me of abducting my daughter."

The Algerian man's comments came through Donya Al Nahri, through Mr Sadia's family in France.

London-based Ms Al Nahri helped to arrange a trip for Mrs Sadia to Algeria, last October.

She said: "I spoke to Mustapha's brother last month and they told me all about the situation in Algeria.

"They have been interviewed by the PSNI and they are adamant that no crime has been committed."

Said a PSNI spokesman: "We are continuing to investigate the abduction of a seven-year-old girl."

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London also said: "The family contacted us alleging this was an abduction and, on the basis of that, it is being treated as such."

Mrs Sadia has not seen her daughter since her husband took Nassima to Algeria for an annual holiday last April. The young girl had been a pupil at Elmgrove Primary School in east Belfast.

Mr Sadia had taken Nassima on holiday before, but this time he rang his wife to say he and his daughter weren't coming home.
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:03 am

Newsletter.co.uk

26 April 2006

Straw pledges to help bring Nassima back

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/Straw-pledges-to-help-bring.1464151.jp
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:05 am

I am thinking the UK govt & PSNI have forgotten about this case ! Reminders are needed. Can you help?
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Back to top Go down

Post  smokie Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 am

Pam I can email the PSNI and see if there is any progress.
smokie
smokie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 1519
Birthday : 1977-11-11
Registration date : 2008-08-26

http://www.findmissingkids.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:32 am

Nassima is still listed as missing

There are no updates available at this time.

Nassima is now 12 years old.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum