Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

UNKNOWN - MAY BE KENNY OHIA - Abandoned in London

Go down

UNKNOWN - MAY BE KENNY OHIA - Abandoned in London Empty UNKNOWN - MAY BE KENNY OHIA - Abandoned in London

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 pm

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:31 am

UNKNOWN - MAY BE KENNY OHIA

UNKNOWN - MAY BE KENNY OHIA - Abandoned in London Kennyohiofy8.th

Unidentified male found abandoned on 8 September 1999 in London.

DOB: 26-Aug-1985
Age Now: 22
Missing: 08-Sep-1999
Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
Eyes: Brown
Sex: Male
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Black
Found: LONDON, ENGLAND, United Kingdom

** UNIDENTIFIED FOUND JUVENILE **
This young person was abandoned on 08 Sept. 1999, at an office belonging to Southwark Social Services, London, by a person(s) unknown. A possible name for the child is Kenny OHIA, but this has not been confirmed. The boy has a physical disability and learning difficulties.

DO YOU KNOW THIS BOY'S TRUE IDENTITY?

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
Metropolitan Police Service Police National Missing Persons Bureau - Freephone 0808 100 8777

Or Alternatively

Child Protection Team, Camberwell Police Station, London SE5. Tel: 020-7701 1212.

Please have a look at link below and see if you can help

http://tinyurl.com/348vmd
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

UNKNOWN - MAY BE KENNY OHIA - Abandoned in London Empty Re: UNKNOWN - MAY BE KENNY OHIA - Abandoned in London

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 pm

crys
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:43 am

that is so sad. how can someone just abandon their child like that?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

UNKNOWN - MAY BE KENNY OHIA - Abandoned in London Empty Re: UNKNOWN - MAY BE KENNY OHIA - Abandoned in London

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:58 pm

sinbadthesailor
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:40 pm

How unbelievably sad that any parent could just abandon their child like this.

This poor boy needs love and attention, shame on his parents.

ann x
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:58 pm

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:37 pm

I know it is a very sad case but if know anyone in London, they may be able to help. Simply pass on the link.

Thank you.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:59 pm

Belle
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:09 pm

He looks familiar, but the young man I've seen around must be about 17 or more? And he looked to be with a carer as he seemed to have learning difficulties? I nornmally see this group in Tesco's or the high street, but I don't know who he is..
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:00 pm

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:23 pm

He is in care at the moment I expect in need of finding his family. If anyone can help, what a great Xmas present it would be, as it might just all have been to much at the time.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:13 am

bump

Can we print posters to help this case?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

crys
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:42 am

sure, that's a great idea Pam. I have a few spare hours at the weekend, where do you think would be a good area to target?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:01 pm

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:17 pm

crys,

It totally breaks my heart. He was located in London, so prime spots of transport maybe. It is a very sensitive case though, so think we need Police advice. Posters will need to highlight do you know this person on top? Then details of contact will be part of poster.

I'll see if a missing website have advice as think we need it. Thing is, one thing is for sure how many millions in UK do not know of this case and might be able to help? How do social services and NHS even not know about him as he has special needs. It is all so impersonal and I feel a need to get to bottom of it.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:02 pm

merlynsam
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:38 pm

Pam, he could have been a recent immigrant in 1999. He was aged 14/15 at the time of his abandonment so, had he been in this country prior, he would have been attending a special needs school or a special unit within mainstream provision.

He was abandoned AT a Social Services office - so someone knew the right authorities to involve. Also, the poster contains his birth date so whoever left him must have left a note or something on this person. (Couldn't have been his birth certifcate because that would have provided HIS name and the names of his birth parents).

Now he is aged 22 he will be in special residential provision I suspect, unless he was placed with a foster family initially and is still in their care.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:03 pm

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi Merly

Yes saw he was abandoned at the Southwark social services office, so does that mean UK social services have no records of him prior to that? I never thought of recent immigrant possibility. Making that a possibility. It is complex I expect and very sad. Of course he is likely to be in a happy environment now but has the right to know his family.

I was thinking of a contact to the Police station involved,a sking permission to put up posters. What do you think? Just seems hidden considering the small percentage view that one website.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:03 pm

crys
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:05 pm

i think thats a great idea Pam, but i would probably contact the social services centre if i was you. for all we know this man (that he is now) could be leading a happy life and may not want to find out this info. it's pretty complex and i would ask social services for their advice. let me know if you need my help.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:04 pm

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi crys

He is listed as No.1 case on the missing site. Would they do that without permission? I see your point though maybe it is all officials permission and not himself. Yes I think your help would be very welcome thanks. I'll pm you.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:05 pm

crys
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:18 pm

well he is listed as missing but technically he isn't. they know where he is but they don't know how he came about being there. if he has learning difficulties, then maybe he is not of a sound mind to make a judgement on finding his parents but social services haven't given up perhaps?

look forward to the pm. x
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:05 pm

merlynsam
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:23 pm

The young man (as he is now) will have been appointed a Guardian ad litem who will make these decisions for him as he has special needs. He will also have a Social Worker attached who will ensure that his best interests are being met - even if he is placed with a foster family.

It is hard to say whether Social Services ANYWHERE had no prior knowledge of him because the databases are not linked up. However, once a young person gets onto a SS database then all information is passed on and the young person is "tracked".

I believe that Southwark Social Services will have contacted their counterparts in neighbouring authorities but I am not sure if they could have made a nationwide plea for information about this young man. (I may be wrong, they may have enquired systematically of every SS during the past 8 years)

However, the young man has a physical disability and would have been placed within Special Needs Educational provision if he had been in this country prior to 1999.

There is no harm in seeking advice Pam about how to publicise his case - I was only responding to your obvious concern about this young man and wanted to assure you that I believe he will have been given the best possible care and support since he was abandoned.

What about contacting missingkids and asking for their advice if he is listed as No 1 priority? They would know what they want people to do.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:06 pm

pam supportfromireland
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:27 pm

Thanks for all that Merly. Very interesting to read about the Social service system in a large country like UK. It does make it more complicated I expect. Anyway, lets hope we can do something to help. We're certainly going to offer putting up posters and seeking advice about it now from the various agencies involved.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down