Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

PAUL WAKEMAN - Aged 46 years - West Midlands (UK)

2 posters

Go down

PAUL WAKEMAN - Aged 46 years - West Midlands (UK) Empty PAUL WAKEMAN - Aged 46 years - West Midlands (UK)

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:10 pm

merlynsam:

Tamsin wrote:As some of you know I have a real THING about missing children. Rolling Eyes

I need some help from you all about a missing adult. :?

My daughter's schoolfriends went through hell and back last year but one of thoses friends is deeply traumatised by the disappearance of her Uncle in January this year.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/areyoumissing/missing/detail.asp?dsid=1169

For one deeply troubled young lady currently sitting her GCSE's, who has already lost a good friend and has now lost an Uncle, can anyone help me to get his details publicised?

I would be most grateful

Missing From: West Midlands

Paul Wakeman

Age at disappearance: 46

Paul has been missing from Bridgnorth, Shropshire since the morning of 12 January 2008.

There is great concern for Paul’s safety as he may be unwell. He is urged to call the confidential service, Message Home, on Freefone 0800 700 740 where he can get help and support.

Paul is 5ft 10in tall, of slim build with short, dark brown hair and brown eyes. When last seen, he was wearing a blue/grey ski jacket, beige trouser and trainers.

Further details are here:

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/areyoumissing/missing/detail.asp?dsid=1169

Last edited by zannie on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5555
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

PAUL WAKEMAN - Aged 46 years - West Midlands (UK) Empty Re: PAUL WAKEMAN - Aged 46 years - West Midlands (UK)

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:10 pm

merlynsam:

crys wrote:i would certainly suggest trying to speak to local papers and radios in the area where he went missing/was last seen. or how about contacting Missing Live? i have never heard of it but heidistar reckons it's fab and have had some really positive leads from missing kids! certainly worth checking that out!

Last edited by zannie on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

PAUL WAKEMAN - Aged 46 years - West Midlands (UK) Empty Re: PAUL WAKEMAN - Aged 46 years - West Midlands (UK)

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Merlynsam:

Tamsin wrote:Missing People have done all the usual, the family have spent an eternity searching the area, we now could do with spreading the word further afield.

zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Merlynsam:

crys wrote:yes i agree tamsin, word needs to be spread. do you know if he has any connections with any other areas? because maybe a psoter blitz or a stall in a shoppnig area would be a good idea? i know the girl is sitting her gcse's but perhaps more national newspapers or magazines like closer would be more inclined to publish something about the uncle if it was written in the words of his niece? and it may pull on his heartstrings if he was to read it and make him get in contact???

zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:12 pm

merlynsam:

Tamsin wrote:I am just waiting for the family to come back to me with more details, a very difficult time.

Last edited by zannie on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:13 pm

Merlynsam:

crys wrote:i bet tamsin, if there's anything i can do to help, just let me know. xx

zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:13 pm

Merlynsam:

Tamsin wrote:Thanks crys.

zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:28 pm

Merlynsam:

merlynsam wrote:
Tamsin wrote:Missing People have done all the usual, the family have spent an eternity searching the area, we now could do with spreading the word further afield.

I can make direct connection with police in North Shropshire, local councillors in North Shropshire and members of carnival teams in that locality......I can't help with South Shropshire.

Should I just go ahead and e-mail them to ask them to get the message through to their colleagues in the South of the County?

One of the things that could happen (this is me brain-storming you understand) is that when they put up the police notices for road closures for the carnival, they can staple a copy of the Missing person poster to the telegraph pole. I am only familiar with the Whitchurch, Wem, Ellesmere carnival committees - but I would be happy to draw on that experience to contact South Shropshire is you want me to.

I also have a contact in North Shropshire Education Authority - do you you want me to prevail on her to get in touch with her counter-part in South Shropshire?

Tamsin, when you want more help - do you have any idea about what help we could give? If you have an idea.....then please say...otherwise my brain hurts!

Last edited by zannie on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:29 pm

Merlynsam:

Tamsin wrote:
merlynsam wrote:

I can make direct connection with police in North Shropshire, local councillors in North Shropshire and members of carnival teams in that locality......I can't help with South Shropshire.

Should I just go ahead and e-mail them to ask them to get the message through to their colleagues in the South of the County?

One of the things that could happen (this is me brain-storming you understand) is that when they put up the police notices for road closures for the carnival, they can staple a copy of the Missing person poster to the telegraph pole. I am only familiar with the Whitchurch, Wem, Ellesmere carnival committees - but I would be happy to draw on that experience to contact South Shropshire is you want me to.

I also have a contact in North Shropshire Education Authority - do you you want me to prevail on her to get in touch with her counter-part in South Shropshire?

Tamsin, when you want more help - do you have any idea about what help we could give? If you have an idea.....then please say...otherwise my brain hurts!

Merly that's fantastic thanks,

If anyone has contacts in the surrounding area a "fan-out" email would be great Smile

Last edited by zannie on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:30 pm

Twiglet:

Paul Wakeman

PAUL WAKEMAN - Aged 46 years - West Midlands (UK) Paulwakemancd6

Missing since 12 January 2008

Last edited by zannie on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Tamsin:

Paul Wakeman was born 12/7/61. He was the middle one of three brothers and attended Bridgnorth Grammar School.

He joined the RAF and spent six of his total of nine years in Germany and stayed on there as a civilian contractor when he left.
He gained a Masters Degree in languages at Canterbury after studying at Wolverhampton.

He spent time in Cuba, Spain and three years in the Canary Islands.

He began studying Water Science at Cheltenham but developed a mental illness in 2006 and was forced to move back with his parents in Shropshire the following year.

He was last seen on CCTV in Bridgnorth on 12/1/08 while going out for a newspaper, he hadn't taken his passport, medication, any money that we know of or his contact lenses or mobile phone.

Thanks again for your help.

zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:32 pm

Trish:

I am a new member on this site, only just joined.

Is there any news on this man, please?

I live in Staffs, but just wanted to say I do know about mental illness and what it can do. My husband suffered with it, after we were involved in a RTA, and although he was entirely blameless, he never got over it.

God Bless Paul, I hope you are now back at home.

zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:32 pm

merlynsam:

Trish wrote:I am a new member on this site, only just joined.

Is there any news on this man, please?

I live in Staffs, but just wanted to say I do know about mental illness and what it can do. My husband suffered with it, after we were involved in a RTA, and although he was entirely blameless, he never got over it.

God Bless Paul, I hope you are now back at home.

Trish

Thank you for posting - please stay in touch with us on this forum. Together we can make a difference!

There is no news about Paul Wakeman as far as I know (but Tamsin might be able to correct me). I wrote to 8 Carnival committees in North and South Shropshire but all said that their programmes were finalised so his picture could not be included this year.

I will now work on the next phase.......................

Love, merly

Last edited by zannie on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:33 pm

Tamsin:
Thanks merly, still no news yet. :cry:
zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:57 am

Posted by Tamsin
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:59 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is with great sadness that Paul's family have made this announcement;

Very sadly, we heard on Tuesday that human remains found on an island in the river Severn, belonged to Paul.

Thank you for your help and concern regarding him.

A very sad day, I have sent our condolances to the family.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2356

https://find-madeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:06 am

RIP Paul.

May God bless your family.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:09 am

Posted by Tamsin
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:00 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.shropshirestar.com/2008/09/30/skeleton-found-on-river-island/

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:10 am

Posted by smokie
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:14 pm

Tamsin Im so sorry to hear this news.

RIP Paul

Thinking of his family :cry:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:13 am

Posted by Tamsin
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:28 pm

http://www.westmercia.police.uk/press/bodyidentifiedasBridgnorthMan.htm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:14 am

Posted by pamsupportfromireland
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:10 pm

RIP Paul. So very sad for your extended family.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:15 pm

Posted by merlynsam
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:08 pm

With thoughts and prayers for Paul.

Also prayers for his family - especially the young teenager who lost her friend and now her uncle.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down