Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Candles
Register
You are currently viewing these forums as a Guest. To access all forums, please log in. If you are not currently a Member, please register.

"REGISTER"
Navigation
 Home
 Blog
 Portal
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Calendar Calendar

Free counters!
RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 


Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website


Italian-Australian Case

Go down

default Italian-Australian Case

Post  pam supportfromireland on Thu May 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Brisbane Times

16 May 2012

International custody battles a regular event

Freya Petersen

May 17, 2012.

* Italian Father in bid to get his children returned to Italy from Australia where their Mother abducted them to. It is is a very big news story in Oz at the moment. Mother claims she feared for the childrens' safety and fled. Watch this space.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/international-custody-battles-a-regular-event-20120516-1yr35.html

_________________
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

avatar
pam supportfromireland
Forum Moderator (Missing)
Forum Moderator (Missing)

Number of posts : 6734
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

default Re: Italian-Australian Case

Post  Twiglet on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:00 am

A few updates on the four sisters involved in this international custody dispute...

The Sunshine Coast Daily

3 October 2012

Sisters ordered to return to Italy

THE Family Court issued a warrant yesterday authorising Australian Federal Police to retrieve four Sunshine Coast girls and deliver them to child services.

The girls have been at the centre of an international custody battle for months. They have lived in Australia for four years.

The family made a last-ditch attempt last week to have an order that they return to Italy overturned.

A lawyer for the Child Safety Department argued the order should not be overturned in fairness to every other family who had to abide by the Hague Convention, an agreement surrounding children's international movements.

Justice Colin Forrest said he was not satisfied with the mother's argument that the return order was impractical or there were special circumstances.

The girls had settled on the Sunshine Coast but they were still wrongfully kept here by their mother, Justice Forrest said.

He ordered that a Community Services Department officer accompany the girls back to Italy.

Justice Forest also ordered that the Italian father make an undertaking to withdraw any criminal complaints made in Italy against the mother and not make one in the future. He said he hoped the mother would return to Italy to go through custody proceedings.

The girls' mother sobbed as she wrote down the Sunshine Coast address where police could collect the girls, aged nine to 14.

A Community Services Department lawyer said he understood every effort would be made immediately to return the children to their father in Italy.

The mother asked to have a few days to assess the judge's orders and investigate further steps she could take.

But Justice Colin Forrest said all matters relating to the children's movement now rested with the department, the father and the mother. The four girls moved to Australia with their mother in 2010 under the guise of a holiday.


http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/sisters-ordered-to-return-to-italy/1569334/



_________________

WAITING, HOPING, PRAYING
avatar
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20941
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

default Re: Italian-Australian Case

Post  Twiglet on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:04 am

Telegraph

4 October 2012

Four girls dragged onto plane in Australia amid custody battle

Four young girls have been dragged from their mother onto flights from Australia to their father's home country of Italy amid harrowing scenes that followed a dramatic international custody battle.

The footage, aired widely in Australia, showed the mother screaming from a balcony at Brisbane's international airport as her daughters, aged 9 to 15, were lifted and dragged by authorities to a flight bound for Italy. ''I love you, baby," the mother screamed, repeatedly.

As the four girls arrived by car at a special security entrance at the airport, one tried to escape and was restrained by a male officer.

Later, one of the younger girls cried "let me go, I want my mum, I want my mum", as each of her arms was held by a police officer.

The girls were ordered by Australia's Family Court to be returned to their father in Italy after their mother brought them to Australia two years ago, ostensibly for a short holiday.

Earlier this year, the girls, who wanted to remain with their mother, went into hiding with their great-grandmother after an initial decision ordering they be returned to Italy.

The court ruled on Wednesday that the children had to be returned under The Hague Convention and that they loved their father and that there was no evidence he had been abusive.

The girls will not have to live with their father but will need to be in Italy where the custody battle will now be heard.

The separation led to painful scenes, filmed by Australian media, and the four girls were eventually flown back on two separate flights. The two older girls, aged 14 and 15, were flown on Thursday at 8.45pm, local time, and were seen "sobbing" aboard the plane. The younger girls who had flown out earlier were reportedly "miserable" but quiet.

The great-grandmother of the girls said they had been treated "worse than animals".

"They were scared out of their wits," she said. "They were kicking, they were thrown on the ground."

The mother, who cannot be identified, is not expected to return to Italy because she has no money and – according to a family member – "the village [in Italy] has been poisoned against her".

The return of the children follows a tragic saga and months of legal wrangling, The girls' mother reportedly met her husband during a study tour in Italy at age 16 and married him a year later but moved out of the family villa in 2007 after the death of their third daughter.

Family law experts have supported the court's decision, saying the girls grew up in Italy and the father only consented to their returning to Australia for a short holiday.


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/9587069/Four-girls-dragged-onto-plane-in-Australia-amid-custody-battle.html


_________________

WAITING, HOPING, PRAYING
avatar
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20941
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

default Re: Italian-Australian Case

Post  Twiglet on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:10 am

The Australian

8 October 2012

Father pleads for privacy as girls try to flee

THE Italian father at the centre of a high-profile international custody battle has pleaded with the Australian media for privacy for him and his four daughters, after the two older girls tried to flee his Tuscan villa begging reporters waiting outside to "save them".

The Italian-born girls - aged between nine and 15 - were returned to their father's home in the Tuscan countryside last week, after the Family Court in Brisbane ruled that their Australian-born mother had unlawfully abducted them two years ago.

The legal stoush has attracted intense media attention for months, with Italian and Australian media camped outside the father's house, outside Florence in northern Italy, since his daughters arrived home.

Spotting the media pack, the two eldest girls ran to the reporters and asked to go back to Australia and their mother.

"Please, you cannot leave me here, you have to take me away with you,'' Nine News reporter Sophie Walsh said one of the "hysterical" girls told her.

The girls' father and grandmother coaxed one of the children inside but the other reportedly remained clinging to a gate for an hour until police and social services authorities arrived.

Walsh said police asked the media to leave.

"Police said by the time we did leave, the girls had calmed down considerably," she told Nine's Today program yesterday.

Later, the father asked for privacy. "My daughters think that with the Australian media near them today, the journalists will save them," he told The Courier-Mail, which has sent a reporter to the Italian village.

"But it's not the reality. Australian journalists were at the house today filming and they (the girls) were yelling out 'Help, help'.

"It (media coverage) needs to stop, so the situation can become more tranquil.

"We can't continue with this spectacle that's been happening."

The four girls were filmed being taken by Australian Federal Police officers from a Sunshine Coast home to the Brisbane international airport.

They were crying, struggling and screaming as they were removed from their emotional mother. The two eldest were so upset they were removed from an Emirates flight from Brisbane to Dubai.

The mother has repeatedly refused to return to Italy, saying she is scared she will be arrested, prosecuted and jailed for child abduction.

However, in a bid to settle the matter, her ex-husband gave an undertaking to the Federal Court that he would not pursue a criminal complaint against her.

Judge Colin Forrest ruled the girls be returned to Italy, their country of "habitual residence", where they had lived their entire lives until their mother brought them to Australia for a "holiday" in 2010.

The parents had shared custody of the children in Italy and they were returned under the Hague Convention against international child abduction.


http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/father-pleads-for-privacy-as-girls-try-to-flee/story-e6frg6nf-1226490225848

_________________

WAITING, HOPING, PRAYING
avatar
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20941
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

default Re: Italian-Australian Case

Post  pam supportfromireland on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks for this twiggy. I am astounded the family doesn't seem to have counselling for the transition! Of course judge made right decision. Extremely hard but worsened by oz media and family in oz of course creating hysteria. Hoping all will calm soon and be happy.

_________________
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

avatar
pam supportfromireland
Forum Moderator (Missing)
Forum Moderator (Missing)

Number of posts : 6734
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

default Re: Italian-Australian Case

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum