Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

Is this a coincidence or what????

4 posters

Go down

Is this a coincidence or what???? Empty Is this a coincidence or what????

Post  Twiglet Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:54 pm

I opened up the UK Missing Kids site this morning to see there was a new picture which wasn't there before!!!

SHAWN TIMBA : Missing since 1 July 2007

It is believed his father 'Richard Timba' has taken him to Zimbabwe.

http://www.missingkids.co.uk/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&LanguageCountry=en_GB&searchLang=en_GB&caseLang=en_GB&orgPrefix=UK02&caseNum=10TVP010707&seqNum=1

***************************************************************************************

Since August 2008 we have a TELVIN TIMBA in our missing section also Missing since 1 July 2007.

He too is believed to have been taken to Zimbabwe by his father.

https://find-madeleine.forumotion.net/other-missing-children-family-abductions-f19/telvin-timba-southend-on-sea-uk-t431.htm?highlight=timba

***********************************************************************************************

The only difference in the two cases is that the boys are missing from different addresses!!!!

Could they be brothers???

If they are it's strange that they haven't been listed together by Missing Kids!!

Last edited by Twiglet on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Is this a coincidence or what???? Empty Re: Is this a coincidence or what????

Post  Tezza Sat May 01, 2010 7:02 am

That's quite some coincidence.
I have looked around and tried to see if there is a link between the two cases but I haven't found anything to positively link them. Although I am pretty certain that they must be brothers and perhaps lived in seperate areas. Maybe the father abducted the one first before abducting his brother? But I can't say for sure right now, so we should leave them seperate cases until we know for certain.
Tezza
Tezza
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5956
Birthday : 1971-04-23
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun May 02, 2010 12:03 am

Gosh they could be brothers. However caution is advised alright as could be just a common surname too. Zannie any knowledge of the surname and it's popularity?
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland
Forum Moderator (Missing)

Number of posts : 6734
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  zannie Sun May 02, 2010 1:40 am

Pam, the name Timba appears to be a common surname in Africa, especially in Zimbabwe. Maybe the father has a brother, and the boys are cousins, or it could just be a coincidence. In Africa there are many missing children, either abducted or otherwise, and some living in Europe have the chance to announce this, whereas down there it is not easy to relay messages of a missing person. I am inclined to think that this is a mere coincidence... who knows.
zannie
zannie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5555

Back to top Go down

Post  pam supportfromireland Sun May 02, 2010 4:46 am

Thanks for that Zannie. Guessed common name was possible. Also it is an extremely sad fact about Missing Kids and their profile in Africa, especially outside SA I feel, personal opinion of course as some support in SA and helpful volunteers aswell as Police. Terrible no. of cases though !
pam supportfromireland
pam supportfromireland

Number of posts : 6734
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Fri May 28, 2010 6:20 am

I have found some more information and these boys are Half Brothers

They have the same father but different mothers!!!!

For this reason I think we should continue to list them as separate cases!

NPIA Website

Listings

Telvin Timba from Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Born: 18-Feb-2005
Missing since: 01-Jul-2007
Taken by: Father Richard Timba
Thought to be: in Zimbabwe, South Africa.

Shawn Timba from Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK (half-brother of Telvin)
Born: 03-May-2000
Missing since: 01-Jul-2007
Taken by: Father Richard Timba
Thought to be: in Zimbabwe, South Africa.

http://www.npia.police.uk/en/16017.htm
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Tezza Fri May 28, 2010 6:57 am

Well spotted Twiglet!
I knew there had to be a connection somewhere.
So it is as I wondered in my previous post. The father abducted one brother and later in the day abducted the other.

We have reports that Telvin Timba is safe in Zimbabwe, so do we have any news on the well being of his half-brother, Shawn Timba? I hope we will have good news on both cases soon.

I agree with you Twiglet, as these boys live in seperate homes, the cases should be kept seperatel.
Tezza
Tezza
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5956
Birthday : 1971-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum