Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Find Madeleine
Welcome to the Find Madeleine forum!

This is a private forum. All new members are requested to make at least ONE post within a week of your account being activated. The Find Madeleine forum staff have taken these steps in order to safeguard our forum and its members using it.

You may want to do this in the Introduce Yourself area or during a chat in The Fireplace Chat area. There are plenty of places to post, even if it is just a hello message. Posting at least ONE message will let us know that you wish to keep your account. We fully understand that some members do not have the time to post on a regular basis but we feel this is a very reasonable request.

Any accounts that remains at 0 posts after one week will be deleted.

Regards,
Admin
Find Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Find Madeleine Widget
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Find Madeleine on your social bookmarking website

SHANNON MATTHEWS 9 - Dewsbury, Yorkshire (UK) - 19/02/08

+3
pam supportfromireland
Admin
Twiglet
7 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

SHANNON MATTHEWS 9 - Dewsbury, Yorkshire (UK) - 19/02/08 - Page 2 Empty Re: SHANNON MATTHEWS 9 - Dewsbury, Yorkshire (UK) - 19/02/08

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:17 am

CONCERNED ABOUT MADELEINE

Tamsin wrote:I just peeped at the MF Shocked

And was surprised to see this-

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:47 am Post subject: Urgent - Re: Shannon Matthews

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not discuss any issues re: Shannon Matthews.
If you do your post.thread will be removed.
This decision is final
Mods

does anyone know why the subject is tabboo :?:

That is strange Tamsin. I wonder why you can't make any comments too??
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 20932
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

SHANNON MATTHEWS 9 - Dewsbury, Yorkshire (UK) - 19/02/08 - Page 2 Empty Re: SHANNON MATTHEWS 9 - Dewsbury, Yorkshire (UK) - 19/02/08

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:18 am

SMOKIE

BBC NEWS

24/02/08

Shannon search enters sixth day

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7261208.stm
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:18 am

EWE 2

Sky News

Sunday February 24, 2008

Shannon Mystery: Flat Searched

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1306627,00.html

Hoping that this is just the police being thorough.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:19 am

TAMSIN

The Independent

24th February 2008

How can Shannon just have vanish in the land of CCTV?

Search by 250 officers and untold numbers of volunteers fails to yield a single clue

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/how-can-shannon-just-have-vanish-in-the-land-of-cctv-786540.html

It sounds as though Police are looking at the family very closely Shocked

I hope and pray that she is found safe and well
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:20 am

BELLE

It does doesn't it?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:20 am

MERLYNSAM

On Sky News

(about 1pm)

Police hunting for missing nine-year-old Shannon Matthews are searching a flat belonging to her mother's ex-boyfriend.

It is understood that officers have been at the flat in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, for the last four days.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:21 am

BELLE

Yes -
Sky News:
Shannon Mystery: Flat Searched
Updated:13:46, Sunday February 24, 2008

Police hunting for missing nine-year-old Shannon Matthews have sealed off a flat belonging to her mother's ex-boyfriend.

Now Sky News is saying the police have sealed off the flat..
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:21 am

EWE 2

Don't like the sound of that. :cry:
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:22 am

EWE 2

Didn't know that dogs would be able to pick something like that up after this amount of time. Could it be more recent?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:22 am

MERLYNSAM

EWE2

I think I have posted a lot of information on cadaver dogs in the Madeleine Clues section. If I haven't covered the 'years' issue, just yell and I will have a look through my PC.

I'll move this discussion from Shannon's thread later tonight and put it somewhere more appropriate.

Okay?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:23 am

EWE 2

That's fine.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:26 am

SINBADTHESAILOR

It's now saying in the news, that Shannon's mother's ex boyfriend moved house just a few days ago???
Could he have taken her with him?

I hope that he has and that she is ok, her poor mum must be out of her mind.

ann x
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:27 am

HEIDISTAR

I'm a little confused. I read about her boyfriend a couple of days ago, because it said he is 22 and was tickling Shannon the Monday night before she disappeared. I had a strange feeling about it.

Is this the same boyfriend does anyone know or does it relate to a different, former boyfriend?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

MERLYNSAM

Give me half an hour and I will read the whole lot again!
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

TINA*08

I'm with you Heidi, i was confused too.

This must be another bloke the mother went out with as surely the otherone would still be with her and he is classed as 'stepdad' to Shannon i believe, where this man is called the ex boyfriend. Very suspect that he has moved out a few days ago.. I hope by now they have tracked him down to eliminate him!

I still feel Shannon has run away and maybe got stuck somewhere and is unaware of the search as maybe not seen a tv/media.

I'm praying soo bad this is the case!!
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:28 am

HEIDISTAR

Well that's why I'm confused Claire! If he only moved out a few days ago, he must be the stepdad? Because she couldn't have got a new stepdad since going missing surely...

Thanks Merly, I'll have another read too.

Edited to add - actually, I've just noticed that Sinbad says he 'moved house', not 'moved out', this could be where my confusion has come from!
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:29 am

MERLYNSAM

Query about Tickling Fights:

This is London

Last updated at 22:37pm on 24.02.08

Hunt for missing Shannon: Police seal off mother's ex-boyfriend's flat

Shannon's mother Karen, 32, said Shannon had not expressed a wish to go and live with her father and had a close relationship with her stepfather, 22-year-old Craig Meehan, whom she had lived with for four years.

Police have released CCTV footage of Shannon Matthews, who disappeared after leaving school in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, on Tuesday afternoon

"She is really clingy with him. She's a daddy's girl, more than a mummy's girl," Mrs Matthews said.

"On Monday night, they were having tickling fights. She views him as a dad."

http://tinyurl.com/yoxwdy

VIDEO FOOTAGE INCLUDED

SHANNON AND MUM LIVE IN DEWSBURY

Dad is Leon Rose (lives in Huddersfield)

Live-in boyfriend is 22-year-old Craig Meehan (that would be Dewsbury also)

Ex-boyfriend (lives in Dewsbury)

Police looking for the missing schoolgirl Shannon Matthews are believed to be searching the home of one of her mother's ex-boyfriends.

BBC News - 24th February

A flat in the Dewsbury area is among the properties and locations being searched by officers.

(...)

More than 200 homes within half a mile of the youngster's Moorside Road home in Dewsbury have been searched.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7261208.stm

Detectives are now focusing on a flat half-a-mile from Shannon's home in Moor side Road. It was recently lived in by a former boyfriend of the girl's mother Karen.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1306627,00.html?f=rss

WOULD A LIVE-IN BOYFRIEND OF 4 YEARS (NOW AGED 22 YEARS) STILL HAVE A FLAT? I DON'T THINK SO. I THINK THE LIVE-IN BOYFRIEND AND THE EX-BOYFRIEND ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE .......BUT I AM HAPPY TO BE CORRECTED.

I can't find the reference to a boyfriend moving out 4 days ago. I will try again in a minute. I might be missing something!

There IS CCTV footage - I think someone had asked how this child had disappeared off the face of the earth without her being recorded on CCTV.

SHANNON MATTHEWS 9 - Dewsbury, Yorkshire (UK) - 19/02/08 - Page 2 Shannonmatthewscctvnt7.th
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:29 am

HEIDISTAR

Thanks for that Merly, I had just been reading it all again too!

It does sound like an ex-boyfriend, rather than the current boyfriend of 4 years, I agree.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:30 am

HEIDISTAR

I can't see it saying anywhere that he moved out a few or four days ago, but I can see that it says they have been searching the flat for the past 5 days, which to me is rather worrying...

Poor Shannon :cry:
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:30 am

TINA*08

Yeah I thought 2 dfferent men aswell. And they are refering to an ex boyfriend and not the man the mother is living with now.

Oh God just pray Shannon is safe and he has moved out seperately and its non related as she went missing begining of the week! I wonder if they have traced him? I think there is a lot the public isn't being told about this.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:31 am

MERLYNSAM

heidistar wrote:Thanks for that Merly, I had just been reading it all again too!

It does sound like an ex-boyfriend, rather than the current boyfriend of 4 years, I agree.

Heidi

It feels a bit frightening to me. I don't know how else to express it!

I'll do my prayers again tonight......that's all I feel I can do. If I was closer, I would be with them in Dewsbury - with the dog!

They don't seem to be focussed on outside areas anymore - but the dog has done two searches with me since we set up this forum. He is accepted as a well-trained 'pet' with special abilities. (He's not police-trained so he can't do areas of special focus. But he is a good collie dog with a nose for scent which even surprises me!)

I need to do something for Rosanna Moore and Sarah Smout tomorrow - so I can't go to Dewsbury as well. Oh goodness, decisions!

Last edited by Twiglet on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:32 am

TINA*08

merlynsam wrote:
heidistar wrote:Thanks for that Merly, I had just been reading it all again too!

Heidi

It feels a bit frightening to me. I don't know how else to express it!

I'll do my prayers again tonight......that's all I feel I can do. If I was closer, I would be with them in Dewsbury - with the dog!

They don't seem to be focussed on outside areas any more - but the dog has done two searches with me since we set up this forum. He is accepted as a well-trained 'pet' with special abilities. (He's not police-trained so he can't do areas of special focus. But he is a good collie dog with a nose for scent which even surprises me!)

I need to do something for Rosanna Moore and Sarah Smout tomorrow - so I can't go to Dewsbury as well. Oh goodness, decisions!

Hi, Merly, I also find it weird that they arent searching the whole of Dewsbury outside areas etc., they only seem to be focussing on the road and a few roads round it don't they?
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:32 am

MERLYNSAM

Claire

As far as I can understand from newspaper articles, the police have:

- searched the local lake twice

- covered all routes between the school and home

- coordinated up to 250 volunteers at a time covering outreachign areas

- searched 200 premises in the locality

Whilst they have been focused on the ex-boyfriend's flat (for 4 days now) that did not preclude them from doing a second search on the local lake.

Again, we have to trust the professional police judgement on this matter. However, if they call for volunteers to walk the moors - please rest assured that both I and the dog will be there. (It is about 90 minutes drive for me - so we can do it!)
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:33 am

TINA*08

merlynsam wrote:Claire

As far as I can understand from newspaper articles, the police have:

- searched the local lake twice

- covered all routes between the school and home

- coordinated up to 250 volunteers at a time covering outreachign areas

- searched 200 premises in the locality

Whilst they have been focused on the ex-boyfriend's flat (for 4 days now) that did not preclude them from doing a second search on the local lake.

Again, we have to trust the professional police judgement on this matter. However, if they call for volunteers to walk the moors - please rest assured that both I and the dog will be there. (It is about 90 minutes drive for me - so we can do it!)

That's nice of you Merly, oh yes I'm with you all the way, there is nothing to critizise the police for, they have and are doing a fantastic job!
Maybe the ex-boyfriend phoned Shannon on her mobile and arranged to meet her the next day and maybe said he would take her to her dad's and she would trust him to go to wouldn't she. :cry:
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiglet Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:33 am

SHELLINGTON

Oh God, this is looking nasty isn't it. It is a terrible and negative thing to say but whenever I hear of an abduction I just think the worst. In reality how many children are found safe and well. Obviously I hope and pray this is the case for Madeleine, Shannon and anyone else missing but things don't look good IMO.
Twiglet
Twiglet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next